For mothers that had a toned, flat, stomach before pregnancy......

Did you get it back after pregnancy? If so, how? I had a very nice looking toned stomach before I got pregnant with my second child. I am due in August and want to know how to get that nice stomach back. I am still working my stomach on the ab crunch machine at the gym. But i have gotten unbelievable love handles with this pregnancy that i didn't get on my last!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:48 PM on May. 2, 2011 in General Parenting

• I did. I weighed 109 b4 pregnancy and had a flat toned stomach the day i left the hospital i weighed 110 and i would have to say my boobs were HUGE LOL and my stomach went back flat however it stays flabby feeling for a lil bit
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 1:51 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Oh breastfeeding works miracles!!!!!!!

kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 1:53 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I didn't really gain anything but baby weight when I was pregnant each time so I pretty much left the hospital the same weight (a little under actually) and my stomach returned to its flatness rather quickly ... even quicker with the 2nd because I was BFing.
    Anonymous

• yes, and no. I have a weakness and scar tissue from a previous surgy that pulled and stretched during pregnancies. I'm slender, but no matter what I do, I cannot get my tummy firm and tone.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 2:17 PM on May. 2, 2011

• In my experience, women cannot have the flat tummy after 2nd babies since the plastic surgeon said that a certain muscle that keeps it taut has been stretched out and that a tummy tuck actually shortens this muscle making the abdomen look more flat and firm. I had 4 and after my 1st at age 20, (I gained no weight during pregnancy so lost 25 lbs day of delivery), I had one stretch mark at the very bottom of my pregnant belly & my skin was not as smooth afterward. Ten yrs later, I gained 20 lbs during pregnancy & had many more stretch marks & belly skin was worse. It just got worse for 3red & 4th. Breast feeding also makes your breasts larger (even bigger than when pregnant) so once you stop, the skin is more elastic, the supporting structures more lax and therefore they are less firm than before. One cannot blow up a balloon and expect it to return to its pre-inflation form.
    flightless

Answer by flightless at 3:02 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I only have one and I was back in my regular clothes two weeks after having him and could wear a bikini within 6 months. I am not sure at my age now I could bounce back that quickly. My neighbor had her third child three months ago she was at the gym with me yesterday and her belly is flat and she looks like she has never given birth. She was at the gym with me three times a week her entire pregnancy doing modified workouts might have something to do with it. She did a pregnancy yoga class and could bend in ways pregnant I can't.lol
    chaiteamomma

Answer by chaiteamomma at 4:47 PM on May. 2, 2011