How long does freezed baby food stay good for?

So I make all my daughters solid foods. I puree it then I freeze it in ice cube trays and cover it. I heard it stays good for a month is that true?

jadesmommy2010

Asked by jadesmommy2010 at 1:49 PM on May. 2, 2011 in Food & Drink

• As long as it is frozen.

Answer by louise2 at 1:53 PM on May. 2, 2011

• My favorite website while making home made baby food was wholesomebabyfood.com. SO HELPFUL!! Here is some info...

How long will baby food [cubes] keep in the freezer & refrigerator?
    For optimal quality and nutrient retention, keep frozen baby food cubes in the freezer for a maximum of 3 months.
    Baby food cubes are safe to remain in the freezer from 3 to 6 months. Using baby food cubes within 1 month to 3 months is really more prudent. Due to the amount of water crystals that tend to build up with baby food purees, and due to the fact that nutrients may leach/evaporate upon thawing because of the water crystals, it is more prudent to use your frozen baby foods cubes as soon as possible - 3 months of storage tops. We always recommend using within 1 month if at all possible.
    praying4baby985

Answer by praying4baby985 at 2:11 PM on May. 2, 2011

• If it's frozen and kept sealed, it's good for 3 months.
    calimommy559

Answer by calimommy559 at 8:11 PM on May. 21, 2011