How much would you spend on a swimsuit?

I am in love with this swimdress. But I dunno if I can bring myself to spend $105 on a suit.

I got one last year, but I've lost weight and it won't stay on anymore. I'm planning to continue shrinking, so it's illogical to buy something expensive that will only last for a little while. But I love it so!!! I've been scavenging the web trying to find it cheaper. 

--Any tips on where to find a low cost suit? 

--How much would YOU spend on a suit under normal conditions? (I honestly think 40 is the highest I've ever gone!)

wildsun

Asked by wildsun at 1:52 PM on May. 2, 2011 in Shopping

• Less then 30.00, tj maxx, kholes has wonderful sales, kmart, walmart... Usually I stay under 20.00.

KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 1:54 PM on May. 2, 2011

• prolly no more than 20 dollars.. alot of times you can find mis match tops n bottoms on sale walmart/target and the mall normally has like summer sales by one get 1 half price!
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 1:54 PM on May. 2, 2011

• i probabl wouldnt spend 105 if you plan on loosing more weight. i know target has really cute swim suits or some anchor stores in the mall. ive spent 70 on a swimsuit i liked but i had it so long. Im looking for a new one to thats not so expensive.
    KiraStadnik

Answer by KiraStadnik at 1:56 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I've spent up to $60. I've bought from Victoria's secret, Target and Macy's. It's up to you if you want that swimsuit. It will most likely fit you throughout the whole summer.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 1:57 PM on May. 2, 2011

• 25-30 bucks max !
    PrissyT

Answer by PrissyT at 1:58 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I see no problem spending $100 on a suit. It isnt like we are kids and are going to out grow it in a year. And if you buy a VERY good quality suit it will stay nice for years. So divide $100 out for the 5-6 years you will have the suit (Ive had good suits that long) and it is cheaper than buying a $40 suit every year for 5 years!!!
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 2:03 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I've spent $65 before for a designer suit at half price!! Here is my theory, it's like most things, quality costs more so if you feel like it's a classic suit you'll want to wear for more than one season, splurge because my designer suit is 3 years old and in perfect shape-no fading or stretching out! Otherwise, buy a cheapie and just know you'll buy another next year and the next. Here's a tip if your'e patient... A local swim boutique near me has beautiful, designer suits. Each Summer, around July, they put everything half off. I head there and get a great deal! Look for one near you or wait for swim sales from the places you shop. Happy Summer!!
    praying4baby985

Answer by praying4baby985 at 2:05 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I bought a swimming suit from the mall about a month ago for $85 and took it back last week once I realized how much my body is changing due to pregnancy. I then bought a swimming suit from Target for $30. So much more worth the money.
    campbellb3421

Answer by campbellb3421 at 2:29 PM on May. 2, 2011

• $20.....$30 max.

banana-bear

Answer by banana-bear at 3:36 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I usually buy Vix swimsuits and they are expensive. They usually cost around $200. So I'd be happy with $105 :)
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 3:48 PM on May. 2, 2011