Cheap games and goody bag ideas for dd party of 24 kids

yes i think i will bite the bullet and go for it at least this one year. call me crazy lol

whitenena

Asked by whitenena at 1:55 PM on May. 2, 2011 in General Parenting

• they are 6-7 years old
    whitenena

Comment by whitenena (original poster) at 1:55 PM on May. 2, 2011

• OMG! Why SO BIG????

I have NEVER hosted a party THAT big... I have no idea how to keep the budget down... your looking at about $200 in JUST goodie bags!!!
    Anonymous

• Um, i never felt the need for games at my kids party. I rented a bounce house once and that was great. I also would forgo goodie bags for that many kids. But if you really want to do goodie bags, just get a big bag of candy and divide it
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 1:58 PM on May. 2, 2011

• no i dont need goodie bags i can skip that lol because my dd wants her whole class to come. im good at a budget i just need some ideas.
    whitenena

Comment by whitenena (original poster) at 2:01 PM on May. 2, 2011

• plus i dont think all kids will come so thats what im hoping for lol
    whitenena

Comment by whitenena (original poster) at 2:02 PM on May. 2, 2011

• My kids parties have always had around that many bc we invite everyone in class, and on their sports teams. Not everyone will come though.
    I do candy, and go to party city and buy the 10-15 cent stuffers.

Answer by gemgem at 2:02 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I am glad you decided to invite the class, but first put RSVP on the invitation, and as a PP said no address, that way you will know exactly how many are coming, and you can plan accordingly! Ask DD what theme she wants, for example say she wants pirate theme, you could get gold chocolate coins from the dollar store, and have a treasure hunt. I bet that probably about 1/2 are going to come, and what a sweet kiddo you have, that she didn't want others to feel bad,, you have done your good deed for the day momma!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 2:03 PM on May. 2, 2011

• dollar store
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 2:04 PM on May. 2, 2011

• We had around 20 kids at my older daughters party. I bought canvas tote bags and fabric markers and let them decorate the bags. Then when they broke open the pinata they used the bags for their candy. We had kids from 1-11 there and they all loved it, boys and girls! I got the bags online from a school supply store and it was less than $1 a bag, I bought a pack of 24 markers from the same site and they shared them really well.
    outlikealamb

Answer by outlikealamb at 2:15 PM on May. 2, 2011

• A few pinatas are always fun as well as a bouncy house. Bubble toys are always fun to have, pin the tail on the donkey, a scavenger hunt, relay races are great too.
    istealcookies

Answer by istealcookies at 2:20 PM on May. 2, 2011