Read this, please.

Grown in Detroit
needs your support tomorrow at their Public Hearing to Keep CFA Open.
If you are local- "Tuesday May 3rd is the hearing with Rob Bobb. The
school staff, students, and alumni are planning to walk from CFA at 4:15
to Fred Douglass. Please join them if you can."-More on their page.

Here is a link for details on the story...as well as news footage. Read, watch, sign. Thank you for your support!

http://www.treehugger.com/files/2011/04/callous-new-law-closes-award-winning-urban-farming-high-school-for-teen-moms.php

mammacita9

Asked by mammacita9 at 1:59 PM on May. 2, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• If I were anywhere near there, I'd attend. it's appalling they are trying to close such an amazing school.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 2:30 PM on May. 2, 2011

• So sorry, I hope things turn out well, for you...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 3:58 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Thank you agentwanda, however, I live in Oregon. I just read about this and it hit me really hard, so I thought I would pass along the info. Education is really important to me, as it should be for all americans. Thank you for your support. I hope this school stays open as well as the other schools that are on the chopping block. Cutting the education of our youth is the wrong thing to do no matter what the situation.
    mammacita9

Comment by mammacita9 (original poster) at 4:58 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I agree mammacita9. Education is the answer to solving most or all of the problems we are having.
    Our children need to be prepared for the future and aspire to a better life and contribute to society in a constructive way. That can only happen of they take advantage of all opportunities to attend higher educattion beyond high school. They need the best from elementary and secondary schools to insure that they CAN attend college..
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 8:10 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I wish I could but I'll keep these girls in my thoughts. Perhaps we should send some Wisconsinites there to teach the girls how to protest :)
    Kitkat61277

Answer by Kitkat61277 at 11:55 PM on May. 2, 2011