What do I do for Father's Day???

I am divorced from my oldest's dad, and I know I won't do anything for him... my baby's "father" (if he can be called that) has only seen him 2x... not really DAD material. I have been dating a guy since September of last year, who has fully stepped into the roll of DAD for my little men. Its not a discussed thing, but he does it! What should I do for Father's Day (if anything)??? thanks ladies!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:02 PM on May. 2, 2011 in Relationships

• Men that step in like that are TRUE MEN and I put them above any other man out there. It takes a true man to care for a child thats not his own blood. Congrats on finding one! Their not easy to come by. Make a personalized plaque or some type of wall hanging with your childrens hand print on it that says something sweet about "sub-fathering". You can find quotes about it online. Or get up before him one weekend with the kids and make breakfast and have the kids help and serve him with breakfast in bed. Tons of cute ideas online to show your kids appreciate what he does.
    campbellb3421

Answer by campbellb3421 at 2:12 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Celebrate with your father (if you have a relationship with him ) or your grandpa. If not then take the kids to a movie.
    Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 2:08 PM on May. 2, 2011

• do the kids call him dad? if they do, have them make him a card or something. that would mean more to him than anything you can buy
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 2:09 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I don't have any family close by and the oldest one will go to his dad's.... the baby obviously won't know the difference.... guess I was just needing the reassurance. Thanks!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:12 PM on May. 2, 2011