Do you dress your kids nice or in whatever?

I like to make sure my son is clean and has clean, matching clothes on.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:02 PM on May. 2, 2011 in General Parenting

• I do the same. My son likes to be in PJ's when we are home. For school always nice!!
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 2:04 PM on May. 2, 2011

• my son always matches ( except apparently when Dad dresses him lol ) but he's only 3- I am sure that will change once he gets a bit older. But i like him to dress nice/cute right now - he can get anything he wears dirty - I want him to only be young once and go to town if he wants to
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:04 PM on May. 2, 2011

• my dd is always clean..she wears pretty much whatever as long as it matches but its not like she has a choice since shes still only 15mnths old lol..but i normally dress her however i feel for the day..whether it be a dress or shorts and a tee
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 2:04 PM on May. 2, 2011

• always nice Unless there going outside to Make a mess & get dirty
    PrissyT

Answer by PrissyT at 2:04 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Of course I make sure my kids are clean. What does "Nice" mean? To me "nice" means dress clothes. I dress them in everyday clothes that are suitable to the activity. I"m not putting a frilly dress & good shoes on a kid who is going to play outside. We dont own any clothes that are dirty or ragged or stained..if they are beyond being decent they get tossed.
    Anonymous

• It depends on what we are doing or where we are going. Just for shopping and running around town or going to the sitter, if they want to pick out their clothes, then I don't care (and of course they pick out the craziness things) but if we are going to dinner or church I pick it out so they look clean and neat.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 2:05 PM on May. 2, 2011

• My dd clothes are always clean but sometimes she wants to dress herself like today shes wearing blk tights a pink skirt and purple shirt doesnt match but hey if she likes it. Now if im going somewhere nice i will not let her dress herself we do the 3 options and she picks her fav. there have been times where she dresses up as a fairy to the park or target it doesnt bother me.

whitenena

Answer by whitenena at 2:05 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I try to dress them both nice, but when my oldest goes to Dad's, I NEVER put him anything I would like to see again. It won't ever make it home! :-/
    coltenNlawson

Answer by coltenNlawson at 2:07 PM on May. 2, 2011

• My daughter is 8 and a fashion freak. She loves clothes. She always matches and 90% of the time has matching bows in her hair. She is a big fan of Gymboree and GapKids. Since she is our only we can afford her habit for now. I am afraid it might change when she is older and into Abercrombie and American Eagle.. She is a huge Converse freak. She has them in several colors. She chooses to dress nice. I figure I won't fight it. I don't let her wear skirts and dresses while riding her bike. She is also good about dressing for the weather. The weather dropped significantly today and she wore jeans, a long sleeve, socks that match the shirt, and a hoodie. Oh and today she sported her checkered vans.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 2:09 PM on May. 2, 2011

• It depends. Of course they and their clothes are always clean. But if we are just bumming, I don't have a problem letting them stay in jammies. If we are just running to the store, they can be in jeans, and a shirt, but I'd we are going anywhere special, it's their dressier clothes... Dds hair is always done... They always look presentable, unless they just had a messy snack,meal, or activity
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 2:10 PM on May. 2, 2011