Why are muffin tops socially acceptable?

This is a question I logged on to facebook with this am... It's not just Moms that have one anymore, kids, dads, teens and "normal" people have them.

No fighting needed, no bashing asked for.. just why do YOU think they are accepted now more than ever?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:08 PM on May. 2, 2011 in Health

• Probably the same reason why mullet hair cuts are still acceptable? Or, why is it acceptable for a 350+ pound woman to wear tight fitting cloths when it's so disgusting to have to look at them in public? Im in SC and the number of HUGE women who have a muffin top and worse just amazes and disgusts me. No one who's ass is 4 feet wide and who's rolls of fat have rolls, should be wearing short shorts that say "juicy" or "Hot" across the ass, and there OUGHT to be a law against it!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:51 PM on May. 2, 2011

• If people would stop trying to stuff themselves into pants that are too small for them you wouldn' t see it. People just need to buy clothes that fit.
    Anonymous

• I will probably be bashed for this but I think that its because we have become the 'Fat" country. A lot of Americans are overweight because of the lack of physical activities and the lack of healthy food choices. Even the wheat that is grown in America isnt as healthy for us when compared to the wheat from other countries.
    momofcac

Answer by momofcac at 2:15 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Idk, because of the fashion now I suppose... jeans are low waisted and everyone seems to think they can wear them... when they cant.
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 2:12 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Because they're tasty.... oh, you mean the other kind!

Because they are more prevalent than they once were.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:10 PM on May. 2, 2011

• i have no clue. they're gross on anyone. i don't have one. i'm a size 2, i know i'm a size 2 and for that very reason i won't attempt to stuff myself into a 00
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 2:20 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I wish they weren't! I have no idea why someone would want to flaunt their muffin top. I see it every day.
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 2:31 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Because now there are a lot more over weigh people than before.

Answer by older at 2:13 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Did you know they are even making little kid's clothing wider now? I picked up a t-shirt at Target the other day for my gdaughter. It was so wide, it would have looked like a tent on her. I did some asking and found out that t-shirts are being made wider for younger kids because they are larger today than ever before. I don't think they are socially acceptable and I will not wear anything that makes me look like that. Sometimes, it's simply the fact that jeans or shorts are being made too low and it just looks that way.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 2:14 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I do not like seeing muffin tops on people ESPECIALLY on children. Im fully against childhood obesity. It is unhealthy for the child physically and those kids get made fun of in school which causes them to become emotionally hurt. People can prevent it by being outside and playing with the kids, enrolling them in rec sports, just going on daily walks, etc. Stopping muffin tops in children will help stop it as they get older and seeing it in adults.
    campbellb3421

Answer by campbellb3421 at 2:18 PM on May. 2, 2011