Just curious, ? about breastmilk

I know nobody will probably know thee exact answer, but comments and oppinions are welcome. Since breastmilk is so good, and the ideal nutrition for our LO's what would happen if an eldery person were sick and we gave them breastmilk, or even an older child. Do you think the breastmilk would be benificial or help?

amberpatterson

Asked by amberpatterson at 2:09 PM on May. 2, 2011 in Health

• Actually, yes, it is VERY beneficial. Sometimes, it is given to cancer patients on chemo. In Mongolia, it is common to have a container of breastmilk in the fridge and everyone drinks it.

It is beneficial and healthy and wonderful WAY past the first year. Geeze. That is why the AAP and the WHO say to at least nurse for 24 months and then as long as possible after.

It is a complete food full of good fats, nutrients and antibodies that are passed through it.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:28 PM on May. 2, 2011

• huh?
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 2:11 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I am scratching my head....
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 2:12 PM on May. 2, 2011

• read up on it before u ask a question like that !!!!!
    ashes27165

Answer by ashes27165 at 2:13 PM on May. 2, 2011

• It can be given to an older child if you are breastmilking a sibling.. however, I'm not sure about an elderly person. I've heard it's good on one had, I heard it's bad to give people not immediately related such things.. you'd really have to research it to find out your answers.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 3:23 PM on May. 2, 2011

• its only beneficial the first year of life
    KiraStadnik

Answer by KiraStadnik at 2:13 PM on May. 2, 2011