My 4yr old......

walks around the house saying "Mommy Im Hungry", even after he has already had something to get..he likes to eat and eat. He only weighs 42 pounds. Do you think he will grow out of saying that or should i take him to the doc to see if something is wrong as to why he is always wanting something to eat? any advice would be helpful. thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:11 PM on May. 2, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• my oldest who is 5 does it all the time, it's the new "i'm bored"
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 2:14 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Do you think he would keep eating if you let him? How tall is he? I guess that would bother me enough to bring him to the Dr and at least get a blood test to make sure everything in his body is working correctly before it becomes an issue later in his life.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:14 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Im not sure how tall he is.. but no i dont let him just sit around and eat. when he eats he eats healthy. not junk....
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:19 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Maybe a growth spurt?there are days where my ds will eat and eat and days he won't eat hardly anything
    sarah389

Answer by sarah389 at 2:26 PM on May. 2, 2011

• My daughter turns 4 in july and she constantly askes for juice , chocolate milk or food ....i think its normal . She eats a lot too and shes not overweight . Hope that helps .
    German_Girl777

Answer by German_Girl777 at 2:32 PM on May. 2, 2011

• might just be a growth sprout.. I would just keep out a fruit bowl for him to snack on and take it away an hour or two before meals.. That way he knows he can snack and/or breakfast/lunch/dinner will be ready soon.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 3:05 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I would let the doctor know if he is actually eating meal after meal after meal. There is nothing wrong if there is time in between meals because he is a growing child. Try not to give junk food because it creates digestive issues. I would let the doctor know if he is taking in too much food, but snacking is normal for kids.
    MommyDimples

Answer by MommyDimples at 4:58 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Well His dad when he was little was the same way and come to find the reason why he would be so hungry all the time was because he was a diabetic.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:38 PM on May. 2, 2011

• My 4 yr old does this. I just make sure every between meal snack is something super healthy. That way I know he's truly hungry and not just bored
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 8:39 PM on May. 2, 2011

• thanks, ill try that..but he eats so much, and never gets full..that concerns me..
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:07 PM on May. 2, 2011