Character rooms

Do you decorate your kids room with their favorite character? My rule has always been that the comforter can't have characters on it. I will buy the sheets sometimes though. I just never wanted to redo the room six months later when Dora, Veggietales, Jonas Brothers, Hannah Montanta, or whoever are no longer IT. My neighbor just did their kids room completely in Dinosaurs about four months ago. Now her son is into firefighters so she is looking to redo the room again.

Anyway...my reason for asking is that my dd has been BEGGING for a hippie room for about a year now. She wants Peace signs and hippie flowers all over it. She found a tie dye Peace comforter that she wants and curtains. I am very tempted to give in....but I kind of like her room the way it is. She has two comforters that she swaps out. One is a Little MissMatched comforter and the other is a plain pink quilt.

Shaken1976

Asked by Shaken1976 at 2:17 PM on May. 2, 2011 in General Parenting

• nope..we only change the wall decor. its so easy to do with paint and/or the removable decals. maybe a throw pillow or lamp shade can be changed, cheaply, too.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 2:19 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Tell her to wait till her Bday or christmas. If shes still in that faze then buy it as one of her gifts but dont dispose of the other comforters.
    campbellb3421

Answer by campbellb3421 at 2:20 PM on May. 2, 2011

• How about get her a tie dye fleece blanket to toss over her comforter? I'd go ahead & buy the peace signs & flowers to hang up in the room cant be too expensive for a few wall decals right?

My daughters bedroom & playroom is done up in many different things. I am slowly getting those wall stickers bought & up so far we have pooh but I saw more at target I want to get too. I will do sevearl characters thomas, toy story, princess, etc. Her comforter & sheets are a pale pink/green set. She has a tent that hangs over her bed, solar system that hangs from the ceiling then glow in the dark stars. I have posters on the wall from word world, strawberry shortcake, etc. I dont see the need to stick to a theme right now since one week its one thing then the other another, shes only 3 1/2.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 2:21 PM on May. 2, 2011

• i would do wall decals, they are stickers that are easy to remove.. keep the comforter neutral and swap out the curtains. and pillow cases instead. (curtains can be saved in a hope chest for when they move out, so find one trendy but inter-changeable with another theme)
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:58 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I redo rooms every summer! I love doing it!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 3:59 PM on May. 2, 2011