When did your child first use a spoon to feed himself/herself?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:45 PM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• mine were like 15 months i think maybe sooner
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 12:46 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Mine were around the same age as wendy232425.
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 12:55 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• My dd learned on her 1st birthday! She wouldn't eat her bday cake without a fork. :)
    mommacierra

Answer by mommacierra at 1:00 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I think my twins started to spoon feed with some consistency around 15 mos. but didn't really get it down pat until they were about 20 mos.

Actually, a fork is easier. If you think about it, it's easier to "stab" "spear" however you want to call it, a piece of food than it is to scoop, keep it on the spoon, and get it to your mouth.

One thing that helped in the spoon dept.: mixing cheerios with yogurt: makes it "thicker" and therefore it stays on the spoon better.
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 1:53 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• My dd, right around 1 1/2. My ds.....welll......he is 2 1/2 and won't do it. He drives me nuts. How do you eat spaghettio's with your hands!?! Someday...someday...
    peppermintmocha

Answer by peppermintmocha at 5:55 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I just think that we've used baby food far too long. I am doing much better about feeding him what we are eating, but I still feed him. I need to let go, let him get MESSY and feed himself!
    Anonymous