when did you

get your daughters ears pierced? i had my daughters done when she was like 8 or 9 months but they got infected so i took them out and then i just got them redone in march

wendy232425

Asked by wendy232425 at 12:48 PM on Dec. 4, 2008 in General Parenting

• If I had a daughter, I would get then done when she is about a month old. At this time they can't really tug at them or anything, so they won't get too irritated. I am totally not against it, I personally think it is like a tradition thing. I would only get them pierced once and when she gets older, she can get more if she want's.
    ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 1:21 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• 2 weeks old, when he went in for his circumcision
    Anonymous

• I had the same issue. And then my 6 yo got hers last year and it happened again. I know what the problem is, she is like me and inless they come out of a jewelry display and not off of a cardboard earing thing she cannot wear them. My first daughter though got hers at 4 and never had a problem. I thought 4 was a good age since they can learn how to be responsible for the care and cleaning of the ear holes and earings. It was a good way to teach her to take care of something she wants.
    Geminus

Answer by Geminus at 12:51 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I just feel that parents shouldn't pierce their childs ear or ears when they are infants or toddlers. They might pull them out or yes, get infected. Let it be something that is a privilege when she is like six or so to get. That way if she wants her ears pierced then she can ask you and you not just putting holes in her ears. I think of earings as a cosmetic procedure and shouldn't be done when they are so little. Why would you want to do that if there is a chance of an infection? Kids get enough infections and viruses as it is.
    Anonymous

• my dad complains all the time because i got them done i told him shes my daughter i will do whatever i want to her ears he cant say anything about it but then again he was mad when me and my sister got ours done at 13 lol
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 12:54 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• My DD asked me for "ear holes" when she was 3. She was so excited until the pain came. Shes been real good with them though and has had them for almost 2 years. I didnt feel comforatable having it done when she was a baby but i sure dont look down on the mothers who choose to get them done then.
    momie_of_munch2

Answer by momie_of_munch2 at 1:40 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I don't have a baby girl yet, hopefully soon! But I won't pierce her ears. She can decide if she wants it done when she's 12 or so.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 2:36 PM on Dec. 4, 2008