I have seen a few questions about wether or not we were just like bin laden with the way Americans acted in front of the white house...

I think not!

It was enough his body was handled in the Islamic tradition. That is more respect than he deserves.

SeasideNative

Asked by SeasideNative at 2:24 PM on May. 2, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I'm not out celebrating his death but I sure as hell am happy about it. I look at it as I'm sure the families who lost their loved ones on 9/11 look at it, the mastermind behind that terrible day in American history, is gone. He finally met his fate. Nothing will bring back all those innocent people but the guilty man behind it all is taken care of & I don't knock people who are celebrating that. Sure there will be some retaliation but as Americans, we face the threat of terrorism everyday. I pray for us all but I know the military & government are already preparing for that retaliation & in a sense, I find it easier to know we expect it than to be caught off guard like 9/11.

That's just my opinion on it!
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 3:02 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Well, I think since we only killed ONE person, one how destroyed a ton of people, it isn't wrong. It isn't like we killed innocent people and are rejoycing over it.
    ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 2:25 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I won't rejoice over anyones death. I wonder what will happen to America now. Like I said, retaliation. 

I am not rejoicing over this - I do believe just is served, I guess based on an eye for an eye ect.

But, I pray for America now... I'm sure they are already preparing for their next step.

khf22

Answer by khf22 at 2:27 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I didn't see it, but I will check it out.

I hope they didn't act like fools.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 2:27 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Oh I understand, me too- I just meant I am not going to dance in the street. It brings a sign of relieft, right?
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 2:35 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Your prays are nice. But hey I can understand that.
    While at the same time I have a father who survived world war two and although he was almost starved to death: he made it here to the US eventually.
    I still find it OK to be happy someone like Osama is now dead.
    SeasideNative

Comment by SeasideNative (original poster) at 2:32 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Osama's death will just be another excuse for them to use...the celebrating...just another. They have no plans to be peaceful. Taking out Bin Laden was like taking out Crazy Horse..it meant a whole lot to the Sioux but not a darned thing to the Apache. Radical Islam is not one group of people.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 2:39 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Exactly. I do not like people who use their own women to hide behind like he did. But as to dancing in the streets, I did not do that. Large crowds like that can be too busy for me.
    SeasideNative

Comment by SeasideNative (original poster) at 2:40 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I agree with you.

Answer by older at 2:42 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Something my DH told me last night was there will be people who want to retaliate. He told me that before it was said on the news.
    SeasideNative

Comment by SeasideNative (original poster) at 2:43 PM on May. 2, 2011