Spawned from another question.... does any particular CM ever......?

just irritate you so much (or has for soooo long now) that you want to call her out by name?

I've seen at least one who seems to detest another so much that she refers to her by her CM initials quite often. CM1 doesn't even have to be in a post for CM2 to start talking about her and using her initials as an "example" of something. It's just so sad and telling of CM2's character. And I sometimes wonder why CM1 don't just call CM2 out and hash it out once and for all.

This particular CM (CM2) does get so childish, is so lacking in any semblance of decorum or actual ability to form and communicate her thoughts and pretty much 100% of the time just resorts to finger-pointing and name calling till I have wanted to just post her name for CM1 as part of a question and ask ...

"Am I the only one who has _________'s number and already know that if she's in a post then that post has deteriorated completely and might as well be deleted because the integrity of the subject is gone forever?"

It's literally come to a place that if I go into a question and see that she is there, I just leave, rather I am interested in the topic or think I may have a valid opinion or not. I kind of feel ashamed of myself for letting her keep me from talking to the other moms sometimes, but it's just gotten so old with her till I don't care. And surely if I've noticed (and I haven't been here that long - then CM has got to know that she does this all the time - why don't they do something with her?)

(Note: I may not be talking about anyone in particular, just asking the question) ;)

How does CM handle people who have a reputation of constantly inflaming posts? How do they deal with someone who needs to be "called out"? I know they can delete the person's Q or A, but do they ever actually admonish the CM herself?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:25 PM on May. 2, 2011 in About CafeMom

• Yes, I roll my eyes and don't pay attention to them just like I do any other child who is craving attention when they have plenty.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 2:26 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I never pay attention to who is writing stuff, i mean you have to really catch my eye.

If it bothers you that much or anyone else, I would just send a private email. Calling her out would just make you look just as bad, I would think. :)

Have a good day.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 2:34 PM on May. 2, 2011

• According to Cafe-mom rules, you CAN NOT call another member out by name. So thats why they arnt doing it. Just ignore the infighting like the majority of us do here. Let them be petty and childish.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:35 PM on May. 2, 2011

• My understanding is that if there is someone on CM who calls out another (by name) and is rude or says offensive things she can be reported to CM and they will handle it.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 2:35 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Every once and awhile I'll read something that is so wrong (not opinion, but that the facts are actually wrong) and I may glance at the poster and more times than not, it IS a certain individual that I recognize but I wouldn't call her out. It's easier just to ignore her stupidity.
    Anonymous

• LOL I wonder if we're talking about the same person. :) She's been really active this morning hasn't she.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:55 PM on May. 2, 2011

• There is one CMer in particular who really makes me roll my eyes. She takes over other people's questions and feels the need to call out all those who she doesn't agree with. I try to avoid her like the plague.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 3:09 PM on May. 2, 2011

• So which one are you? CM 1 or CM2? I bet you are CM 1.
    Anonymous

• I avoid certain ones like the plague to scoutie.
    Anonymous

• Actually I'm neither - just wanted to ask the question without having my name associated with either one of them. These two are at each other in every question you see them in. just because I see them at each other's throat all the time I went and looked up their names and they are both members of the same group and their arguing in that arena is just bad. SO in some ways I gotta take it back that CM2 goes after CM1 -- they seem to go at each other mutually and publicly.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:22 PM on May. 2, 2011