Looking to buy a float for the pool for my 21 month old

alot of the floats I saw are up to 18 months .. anyone find anything good to use?

kyliegirl28

Asked by kyliegirl28 at 2:31 PM on May. 2, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i just used the same ones and kept an eye out.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 2:33 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Not real sure. I am guessing you want one that they can sit in. I would say it based more on weight than age. Try Academy or an actualy pool store. My dd had a life jacket. A friend of mine has one that fits over her head like a t-shirt with a tube attached.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 2:33 PM on May. 2, 2011

• We got one that that had a stretchy seat in it, and also had a "tree" decoration to shade her. Worked out awesome!
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 2:37 PM on May. 2, 2011

• We had a great one, but I can't remember who made it. It was a dolphin. It was hard plastic. The child put their feet through the bottom. It was like a floating exersaucer.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:38 PM on May. 2, 2011

• the one i had last year had the canopy in it, but the age says up to 18 months :(
    kyliegirl28

Comment by kyliegirl28 (original poster) at 3:14 PM on May. 2, 2011

• My son turned 2 in November. Last summer, the only we found that he liked was a Stearns Puddle Jumper swimming aid. It's incredible - he loved it, and we felt very safe with him in it. It gave him a lot of freedom of movement and let him move like he was actually "swimming". He always hated the ones that he had to sit in - he wants to be part of the action and this one let him do it!

Answer by missanc at 9:01 AM on May. 3, 2011