Braxton Hicks??

When did everyones Braxton Hicks start? Im 22 weeks along and my lower abdomine gets extremely hard and uncomfortable a couple times daily.

campbellb3421

Asked by campbellb3421 at 2:33 PM on May. 2, 2011 in Pregnancy

• i never had them with either of my pregnancies.. or never noticed them. almost feel cheated
    Anonymous

• I started mine around that time. I told my midwife the same thing about the tightness and she said it's contractions but doesn't have to hurt.
    Anonymous

• Oops hit anonymous by accident
    Unique11

Answer by Unique11 at 2:45 PM on May. 2, 2011

• But when she told me that i was like yay both won't hurt at least i hope.
    Unique11

Answer by Unique11 at 2:46 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Just as long as there not close together. And i thought they were suppose to hurt at.
    Unique11

Answer by Unique11 at 2:48 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Braxton-Hicks contractions usually start to be felt around 20 weeks. For some women it's later, for a few earlier, and for some never at all. But around 20 weeks is the norm. And for a lot of women, that tightening feeling is all it ever is, no pain or anything (until "real" labor, anyway). Just keep an eye on it and call the doctor if you have more than 6-8 in an hour, regardless of whether they're painful at all.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 2:52 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I had them since around 25 weeks i am 38 weeks now and have been having them that DO INDEED hurt for the past week at least
    Ethans_Ma

Answer by Ethans_Ma at 3:51 PM on May. 2, 2011