Do you still excersise when your sick??

I have had a runny nose and a congested head for a week. The problem is I have a seven month old baby and I am really trying to get back in shape but I have not had the energy to excersise since I have been feeling this way. What about you gals do you still work out when you have a cold or something...or just sick?

michelle146

Asked by michelle146 at 2:48 PM on May. 2, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I continue to work out just not to the extents as normal. Props on working out in the first place! Ill do things like leg lifts while laying in bed or sitting on the couch and lifting a small weight above my head and then back down. I dont over do it being sick because your body also needs rest.
    campbellb3421

Answer by campbellb3421 at 2:51 PM on May. 2, 2011

• i do. not as much as i would if i were well but i still make the effort. my body is just too important to me
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 2:52 PM on May. 2, 2011

• i dont work out in the first place lol.

if i did and had that kind of routine, i would probably do it but just take it easy...maybe just go for a walk...
    metalhealthmom

Answer by metalhealthmom at 2:52 PM on May. 2, 2011

• If I'm lightly sick, yes. If I'm feeling really awful, no.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 3:42 PM on May. 2, 2011

• If I feel good enough to do other stuff (run errands, check email, etc...then a light workout is ok. If I can't hack that stuff, then no. Rest is the best medicine for cold/flu.
    pampire

Answer by pampire at 5:56 PM on May. 2, 2011

• If I've got a cold like that, yes. I generally get some relief after a run, at least for a bit. It also helps me find some energy. You may have to dig deep to find it, but it's there. If I'm REALLY sick, I take a break.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:06 AM on May. 3, 2011

• It depends....if it's only in your head and you feel well enough, you should work out. If it's in your lungs, you shouldn't work out as it puts to much stress on your heart.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:00 AM on May. 3, 2011

• yes. i have found that if i continue my workout programs my "get well" time is shorter than before.
    armywife271819

Answer by armywife271819 at 8:10 AM on May. 3, 2011

• I think you have to read your body. If you are super dehydrated, then working out could be detrimental to your body. However, if you have been sick for two weeks, it is probably about time you get up and moving. ;)

Listen to your body, it knows.
    NikkiO29

Answer by NikkiO29 at 1:51 PM on May. 3, 2011

• No, I give my body a rest and a chance to recover.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:20 PM on May. 3, 2011