did anyone buy?

So my husband and I are expecting a baby come april and are on a bit of a budget iv been looking for a infant car seat combo with the stroller with it they are expencive my husband suggested looking at craigslist to see if we could find one on there cheaper i did find several actually but im woundering if you think they would be safe to use? the ones i found all look new most are newer models people just dont need them anymore cuz baby outgrew them. would you or did you buy a used babyseat?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:00 PM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yes i did have the combo stroller carseat deal and it was used and it was perfectly safe. i then sold it again in a yard sale over the summer when i didn't need it anymore.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 1:02 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I would have no problem with a used one. I would just check with the company that made them first to make sure there have been no recalls on them. If there haven't then they should be just fine.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 1:02 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I would never buy a used car seat. You never know if it's been in an accident and they say you should always replace them after they have been in an accident. You never know if it has or not, and there's no guarantee who you buy it from is going to tell you the truth.

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 1:08 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I used a previously own carseat. But I know it was never in an accident. Babies are in them for only a short time ; but I would only buy from someone I trust
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 1:21 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I would only use a previously owned infant car seat if it was from someone I knew and trusted. So here is my advice! Dont get the combo. They are VERY expensive! Get the infant carrier style car seat and just another base or a convertible style car seat for your second vehicle (if you have one) then look at thrift shops for a nice stroller. We got an eddie bauer stroller for $30 in brand new condition. We also got a beautiful umbrella stroller for $7. Get a car seat brand new and the strollers used. thats the safest bet
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 1:24 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Just make sure the car seat is not expired or has not been in an accident. I recommend jsut getting the car seat and base. The stroller is rather large and I stopped using it after a while. It's worth investing in a nice light weight stroller thna the big one that ocmes with the travel system. And it's cheaper for just the car seat.
    Anonymous

• The only thing about a car seat is that is might have been in a wreck. This is one of the things I wouldn't buy used. I would invest in a new car seat and buy used when it came to other things instead.
    jacy3031

Answer by jacy3031 at 1:40 PM on Dec. 4, 2008