Wouldn't it be nice if parenting classes and an I.Q. test were required before having kids?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:59 PM on May. 2, 2011 in Just for Fun

• sidesplittinglaughterI work in the social service industry......mostly regarding children.........so I LOVED THIS QUESTION!!!!!!

Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 3:02 PM on May. 2, 2011

• parenting classes no. i believe in using your own judgement and instincts....however iq tests YES
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 3:00 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I hope this question isn't from "My kid is advanced because I am awesome" mom. Hahahahahahah
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:02 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I think a common sense test would be better than an IQ test. I have met many intelligent people without the sense God gave a turnip.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 3:06 PM on May. 2, 2011

• maybe. depends on what the classes required. my parenting is unorthodox but my kid is better behaved than half of the kids of 'traditional parents'
    metalhealthmom

Answer by metalhealthmom at 2:59 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I get what you are saying and where you are coming from but.. I am not the most academically smart but think I'm a pretty loving and good mommy ..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:02 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Classes in picking the father also
    ttk2

Answer by ttk2 at 3:05 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I think parenting classes would be great. They don't tell you HOW to be a parent, they help you to become a better parent. as for an IQ test, sadly, no.. even under educated parents have some pretty smart kids if they can push them to do better than they did.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 3:04 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Why are so many people taking this so personally? I think it was FUNNY and sometimes I ask that very same question... Like for instance, a woman sued a store because she sat her child on the counter at the check out line and fell off! Ok how dumb is that? I truly believe that drug tests should be done though!
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 3:09 PM on May. 2, 2011

• What may be common sense to you is not always common sense to others, you may see things clearly where it might take someone else a little longer to figure it out but instead of insulting we need to help one another be the best parents we could be, you never know someones situation you may be fortunate enough to have your parents guide you in how to raise your child some of us aren't that lucky and are trying to learn day by day on our own
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 3:14 PM on May. 2, 2011