Please no criticism, this was for health reasons

I had an abortion September of this year, because my health was endangered and it would have cost me my life otherwise. Do not judge me, I did not want my son now to be without his mother. Anyway, I had the procedure done, it was 9 weeks gestational, and I had an ultrasound a month later to make sure everything was done properly. The doctor said all that was in my uterus was blood, which is normal, and nothing else. The past week or so I've been feeling abdominal spasms sort of like kicking but it's very painful. I've had two short periods since the procedure, and no weight gain. I am wondering if it's possible I'm still pregnant. Like I said. NO criticism. It was for my life I had to do this. I would never do it for any other reason!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:01 PM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Health

• Call your doctor and ask him if it is normal.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 1:03 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I would talk to a doc asap. If you are pregnant still then you need to have the procedure re-done if that's possible. I would demand another ultrasound and for them to be 100% sure.
    Anonymous

• if he already gave you an ultra sound and didn't see a baby then no your not pregnant..he would have been able to see it. i had an ultra sound when i was 7 weeks cause i thought i was miscarrying... and they could see the baby so it wasn't too early...

i would call the dr to see whats going on though!!
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 1:08 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I would also call the doctor. You want to be 100% sure that your health is taken care of properly.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 1:08 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Well first let me say I am sorry you had to have that happen to you. I am no doctor but my guess would be if the doctor said everything was done right and you have had two periods then you are no longer pregnant. It may have been gas bubbles and subconsiously you feel like it is a baby.
    babyspots17

Answer by babyspots17 at 1:09 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• You need to get in touch with your doctor as soon as possible, since the abortion was to combat the pregnancy taking your life if you're pregnant then I presume it's very serious. I have a friend who had an abortion and 3 months later found out she was still pregnant, so it's a possibility. Get it checked out!
    haleykarson

Answer by haleykarson at 1:09 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• The Doctor can help you with this issue

Answer by louise2 at 1:18 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Talk to your doc, but I still get phantom kicks sometimes and my youngest is 2 1/2. I think it's pretty normal to have that sensation.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:50 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I could be a very heavy period on its way. I have had these.. the bloating ans gas bubbles had me buying out all the tests at Wally Mart..

No one has the right to judge you.

"Only you can allow someone to make you feel inferior." ~E. Roosevelt.
    StarMommy77

Answer by StarMommy77 at 2:09 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Yes it is possible to still be pregnant after an abortion. But if your physician thought your follow up was normal, then I would think unlikely. You can do a home pregnancy test as the easiest way to check. If you were still pregnant, your HCG levels would still be rising and detectable on a test. Most likely you are feeling phantom kicks as someone else suggested. Even though it was for health reasons, an abortion is a difficult decision for anyone to make and you also will have to go through a grieving process as well. Finally, not knowing what your medical condition is, you may still want to contact your doctor because the abdominal spasms may be indicative of something else.
    anna17

Answer by anna17 at 12:02 AM on Dec. 6, 2008