I am 31 weeks pregnat this is my third child. She is already in place says the doctor and am having a lot of back pain and lower abdomin pain. Does anyone know of any good exercises that will help walking makes it worse.

Mollie1106

Asked by Mollie1106 at 6:41 PM on Jul. 10, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Try the exercise ball but be careful you don't fall. Sit on it and just rock side by side and front and back. This helped me a lot. Also ask the doctor if they allow you to go swimming. I went swimming to release the pressure on my back and front. gravity is the worst enemy for pregnancy, lol. good luck with the baby
    crystalrico

Answer by crystalrico at 8:49 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• ya the ball and swimming do miracles! seriously! maybe try getting on all fours and tilting your pelvis back and forth (like you're humping something) and do it slowly, but it will help align the baby and take the pressure off your back
    NewMama80210

Answer by NewMama80210 at 8:55 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• I would recommend seeing a chiropractor in your area. I work for one who treats MANY pregnant women. Look for one in your area who specializes in pregnancy and pediatrics. You'll be very glad you did! I'm in Illinois near St. Louis. Let me know if you're at all close to this area and I'll give you his info.
    Beth_n_illinois

Answer by Beth_n_illinois at 9:43 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• Try this for the lower back pain...get on your knees on the floor, then stretch your arms out in front of you so your face is on the floor and your bottom is up...it seems to make the baby move up some and relive some pressure.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 3:39 AM on Jul. 18, 2008