did anyone tell you ur baby is too thin?

ok my son is 8 months and he isnt that typical cute pudge i guess u would call it. i know i dont have recent pics yet on my profile yet but i will soon!!
my son looks like a lil boy not a baby. he is tall and thin. he has a lil baby fat under his chin and he s got the big cute thighs just not baby fat all over i dont kno but a few ppl said to me he is too skinny?! his doctor says he is healthy and really tall for his age. i think thats why he looks the way he does. i mean the boy is HEAVY. plus he eats 3 meals a day and snacks on fruit and still drinks formula. i cant fatten him up. one time my hubby gave our son some of those baby snacks and my son at 4 of those sticks (right after i fed him dinner babyfood) he threw up from eating so much. so yeah i make sure he doesnt over eat again. do ppl expect our baby to be fat? at 8months? i mean i m not skinny but we all eat healthy.

momavanessa

Asked by momavanessa at 1:02 PM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i had that problem with my daughter she wasnt chubby or anything but she had alot of ear infections so it caused her not to eat alot she ended up getting tubes in her ears and picked up eating shes now 3 and tall and only has alittle gut lol and she eats all day long
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 1:05 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• My daughter is 11m and is 18lbs and 29in long she is tall and skinny she always has always been skinny she wears 6-9m clothes. Is he tall?
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 1:06 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• if your dr isnt worried dont worry what others say to you. they used to tell me my son was alitle chunky but the dr said he was fine so every baby is different. Im sure he is cute the way he is dont worry about what others say or think.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 1:07 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Oh and my daughter eats ALL day long but she eats healthy things.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 1:07 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• my daughter is 17mo and is only 19.5 pounds and 29 1/2 inches. she is short and skinny. she eats, but not a lot, she just doens't have a big apetite. ppl say she is so tiny for her age and dr's say she is a little small but I can't force feed her and I'm not going to feed her junk food just to fatten her
    SMWOODS

Answer by SMWOODS at 1:09 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• ppl assume his 1yrs old or 15 months old but then when i tell them he is only 8months thats when they think he is too skinny he weighs 23 lbs!!
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 1:17 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• i wouldnt worry about it as long as hes healthy
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 1:20 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• My oldest son has been in the 30% for weight his whole life and stays anywhere from 75-90% for his height. EVERYONE, except his doctor, has always told me he's too skinny! I
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 1:20 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• If your ped isn't worried- then you shouldn't worry! My DS was always 50% for everything at every check up...My DD on the other hand has always been 90% height and only 10% weight- every visit since birth- same percentages. Kids are all built different. BTW my DD eats 3x more a day then my "average" weighing son!!! She is now 2 1/2 and only 27lbs, Perfectly healthy, very happy- but just no baby fat- not now not ever!
    litstargazer

Answer by litstargazer at 1:22 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• at 8 months your baby is on the go go go@! All that crawling and scooting and getting into everything burns a LOT of calories! PLUS his length! Not all babies are rolly polly ollies and in the long run it might be a good thing for your child. He may be less likely to become obese as a child. I wouldnt stress it and fi you get moms who try to compare notes and say your child scrawny just say "Hey what can I tell ya! He's not a lazy baby by any means!" and then glance in their babies direction LOL Not that rolly pollies are lazy. We are all just made up of different shapes and sizes and people need to realize the same rule applies to our babies as well.
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 1:32 PM on Dec. 4, 2008