Hubby and I are planning on trying in April, but I don't want to wait. I think we may have an unplanned pregnancy though...

I am really excited at the possibility of being pregnant and I will be very disappointed if I am not, but he is disappointed that we made a mistake. I am new to charting and I did something wrong. I thought I was gonng ovulate on the 6th and I ovulated on either the 2nd or 3rd. (I had a positive ovulation test on 1pm on the 2nd, and by the next morning at 9 it was negative) SO we had sex Sunday, the 30th. So basically we had unprotected sex and within 48-72 hours I ovulated. I am hopeful, but to be totally realistic, how likely is it that I could be pregnant? What is the soonest day I can test?
And most importantly, hubby said he'd be thrilled if we were pregnant now, it would just be best for us to wait, and he is right... but I don't want to wait!!!! Our daughter will be 2 in February and I think it's TIME! So what do you think?

MamaCatCat

Asked by MamaCatCat at 1:06 PM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• you can try and take a test now to see
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 1:08 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• well as far as rather you should wait is between you two but it is possible that you are pregnant sperm lives up to 72hours but try not to get your hopes up to high just in case that way you wont be to dissapointed if your not. wait and see if you miss your period befor testing other wise you may just get frustrated with seeing negatives lol.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 1:09 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I would take a test if you miss your period, sperm can live inside you that long, yes. And there is a possibility that you are pregnant but there's also a possibility that you're not. Try not to get your hopes up just in case you're not though and just try not to think about it too much until your period.. I know it will be hard but yes. Good Luck with this.
    haleykarson

Answer by haleykarson at 1:14 PM on Dec. 4, 2008