Anyone reconsidering travel plans?

I'm wondering if anyone is reconsidering travel plans in light of last night's news and the heightened security levels?  We were thinking about traveling overseas this Summer (probably just London, nothing too exotic), but now we're thinking that it might be best to wait until things settle down a bit.  I'm normally not one who would worry too much about this kind of thing (what will be will be), but now that we have two small children who would be traveling with us, I'm starting to have second thoughts.

Eek_a_Geek

Asked by Eek_a_Geek at 3:06 PM on May. 2, 2011 in Travel

• I think I would wait and see how things are going and then decide. It'll probably be alright, but you never know. Some times these things cause an uprising for a bit.

London sounds great. I've kind of wanted to go to London and spend a few days then head on to Italy for a few days.
    I hope you get to make the trip as you planned.
    CallMeAngie

Answer by CallMeAngie at 3:18 AM on May. 3, 2011

• i'd wait and see before taking international flights unnecessarily.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 3:07 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Since you're probably not buying your tickets, I guess wait and see what the official security risk is. However, keep in mind that statistically the odds are on your side. That said, though, its different when you factor in your own children. You'll make the right decision.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 3:15 PM on May. 2, 2011

• No. But then again, we are driving for our trip this summer. I might consider having DH fly out of a community airport on his way home just to be safe. The thought of him going from LAX does make me nervous.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 4:29 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I wouldn't want to fly at all right now - international or domestic.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 3:15 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I would not let this incident change my plans-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 7:52 PM on May. 2, 2011

• “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 11:53 AM on May. 3, 2011