My 4 month old has just started cereal. How often should she eat it? Twice a day? Three times a day?

How should I plan my day? Bottle in the morning? Cereal at next feeding? I just don't have a clue.

ZiggyMarz2008

Asked by ZiggyMarz2008 at 1:08 PM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Food & Drink

• when i started my daughter on it i would give it to her in the evening that way she had a full belly at nite nite time and slept better
    Anonymous

• Yea I agree I'd give it to her closer to night. It helps
    TiffanyLove18

Answer by TiffanyLove18 at 1:14 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• When I first started feeding Jake at 4 months, it was because he was watching my hubby and I eating. So I would always feed him at lunch and dinner, which were our mealtimes and he could join us. We seemed rushed in the mornings and didn't always sit down for a meal so I just nursed in the mornings. After 6 months, the doctor wanted me to increase it to three meals a day plus snacks.
    babyjakesmama

Answer by babyjakesmama at 1:17 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• When we started our Dr. suggested in the morning, for breakfast with a bottle and then at dinner time with her bottle. Then when we added fruits and veggies. We did cereal and fruit breakfast, fruit and veggie lunch and cereal veggie at dinner. Hope this helps.

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 1:17 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• you are actually suppose to start cereals with half a meal... usually at night (makes them stuffed for longer, so they will sleep a little longer). You keep giving more cereal week by week. Your babys belly needs some time to get used to the new food. If you give your baby a whole cereal meal to start with then you might upset the stomach. The other meals you breastfeed or feed formula. :)

When you feed cereal you should also give your baby some tea to drink. That also helps the stomach to get used to it.

Have fun. I loved the time when our daughter started the cereals :D Now she loves steak already.. HAHA
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 1:23 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• giving my son cereal b4 bedtime always kept him up...it upset his stomach...i gave it to him for breakfast and dinner
    shilohncobysmam

Answer by shilohncobysmam at 2:49 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• i started my son at 4 mos. i would give him a small feeding in the evening with a 4oz. bottle but i wasn't very regular with it in the beginning, i just gave it to him a few times a week... he started seeming a little wheezy and got a little rashy on the places where the cereal touched his face (after i switched from mixing with formula to juice) so i stopped until he was 5 mos. after a while of eating just cereal with juice about twice a day, i started on first foods. two cereal feedings a day or one cereal and one jar of food (with a bottle, of course) for his fifth month, and now we've tried to up it to two jars and one to two cereal feedings at six and second foods. he loves everything he's had and took to eating solids without even the slightest problem! good luck! :D
    rowansmommy0130

Answer by rowansmommy0130 at 9:20 PM on Aug. 6, 2009