Anyone else have this problem

After I had my DD (2 years ago)..I started getting cold sores way more frequently then I did before I had her..before getting pregnant I had only had a total of 3 since i was a kid....now I get them every couple of months and its sooo frustrating.. I just feel like every since I got pregnant my immune system has crapped out on me!! I also breastfed for a full year....the only time I didnt get a cold sore was when the doctor put me on paxil for like 5 months because I was having some anxiety...after I stopped taking it I started getting them again and even more frequently..All of the medical websites say you the outbreaks become less frequent with time..that has not been the case for me!

and please dont explain to me that its caused by the Herpes Virus (HSV-1) and all that because I already KNOW ..ive had them long enough that ive done PLENTY of research..im not asking what causes them im asking why they are happening more often

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:09 PM on May. 2, 2011 in Health

• Could they be stress-related?
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 3:10 PM on May. 2, 2011

• They ARE stress related hon

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:12 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I dont know why. But I did get them as well alot at the end of my last pregancy and a few after. My sister is having the same issue. I just always keep tea tree oil around, so when you feel that itch that comes before you really start to see it, hold that stuff on there several times a day to keep it from coming
    bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 3:15 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I agree with the stress answers...........God, stress sux........................................
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 3:19 PM on May. 2, 2011