Dont you just love ignorant people who judge based on a person's religion?

and then they act like they know all about it and poke fun. i wish people would take the time to educate themselves before they start running there mouth.

gothmama91

Asked by gothmama91 at 3:20 PM on May. 2, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I have Wiccan friends and im a christian, some people from my church look bad upon it but i dont care they are nice people who are genuinely caring and i love them! I have a few atheist on my dh side of the family though i dont get along with them i see goodness in them also. I had a Muslim friend in high school and he was very nice and funny. i do not know much about other religions but what i read from here so i try not to answer on things i do not know because no matter what religionyou are i feel if your a good person who cares? Wit that being said i have been called brain less brain washed and uneducated oh and that i had no identity outside of my husband for saying i submit to him lol had some comments about being a xtain on here so there you have it.

whitenena

Answer by whitenena at 8:02 AM on May. 3, 2011

• yep. I'm one of Jehovah's witnesses. And hear crazy stuff all the time about things I believe..Things I had no idea I believed..lol

bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 3:23 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Apparently I am angry at a god I don't believe in, am immoral, incapable of raising children and an unfit mother, oh... and I eat babies.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:47 PM on May. 2, 2011

• if more people educated themselves...the world would be a better place I think ;)
    and yes -it can be annoying when they act like that
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 3:28 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Dont you just love ignorant people who judge based on a person's religion?--

happens all the time! i'm stupid, uneducated, mentally unstable, illogical, and a regular Mommy Dearest for daring to take my own child to church.
    go figure.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 5:11 PM on May. 2, 2011

• It goes both ways, does it not? I'm Christian, and right here on CM, I've been told I'm delusional, gullible, that I must believe in pink unicorns, leprechauns, and oh...my favorite...the flying spaghetti monster. Does THAT sound educated?
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 11:34 PM on May. 2, 2011

• As far as atheism, what Obby said. As far as being a witch I am going to hell, my witchcraft is fake, I'm evil, and I sacrifice babies. It would be laughable, if the accusers weren't so d*mned SERIOUS about it.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 5:14 PM on May. 2, 2011

• "Oh, I agree. I wish more people would take the time to actually understand the beliefs of others, instead of just parroting any prejudices or stereotypes they've been taught."

I agree 100%!! I can't tell you the amount of BS I've had to read from people who judge and criticize my religion in total ignorance. But they feel oh-so-educated about it, I have no idea where they got the idea they are knowledgeable when they're spreading lies and misinformation around. It's pathetic.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 6:33 PM on May. 2, 2011

• umm ok. Sure I love it. Other people's stupidity is always amusing and good for a giggle.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:52 PM on May. 2, 2011

• gothmama: that may be the key in why many are confused about the pagan believe... it would be simpler if all pagans believed in the same way just as Christians believed in the same way. Please understand this.. Christians get flack as well. Not everone is educated in what we believe in either.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 7:26 PM on May. 2, 2011