Where do you buy your uniform pants? I need to jump on this early!

I was really happy that DS was going to a school that required uniforms,, thought this would save tons of money,,LOL! His playground has black something on it that takes forever to get the stains out, plus he rips the knees out at least once a week! I bought 6 pair last year and have purchase at least 20 more throughout the year. I bought them at Old Navy, and in the meantime anywhere I can get my hands on his size,, LOL! I have tried the knee things that make it stronger, but they still rip on the oustside,,DO you ladies know where I can get good tan pants that will hold up? I am not waiting until the last minute this time,, thanks!

kimigogo

Asked by kimigogo at 3:33 PM on May. 2, 2011 in

• The Flynn & O'hara pants are extremely sturdy. They hook to close. And you can order over the phone. But you won't be able to try them on if you are not in the area.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:43 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I get them at lands end on line. My oldest is hard on clothes and they seem to last. Now all I buy him are the black and navy so I don't know how the tan ones last but he has yet to rip a pair.
    mommy2boys03

Answer by mommy2boys03 at 3:43 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Never had to buy uniforms, but I know Target sells them. Don't know the quality of them though.
    Anonymous

• I bought them at Wal-Mart. Never bought more than 4 pair a year in his life.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:50 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Wow! I have never bought more than 4 pairs in one year!!! I buy the pants at Flynn & O'hara. What is the uniform company that your school suggests?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:35 PM on May. 2, 2011

• We bought all ours at Academy.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 3:49 PM on May. 2, 2011

• they sell them, but they are super flimsy,, we don't have a uniform store in my area, and he needs the kind that hook rather than button, but perhaps in the 1st grade he will be better about not waiting to go potty to have time to get them undone,, lol,, I need to have him try them on,, but done with old navy pants,, lol!
    kimigogo

Comment by kimigogo (original poster) at 3:38 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Target, Walmart, Jc Penney, Lands End.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:03 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Wal-Mart.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 10:08 AM on May. 4, 2011

• Dickies is a pretty good brand for strength and durability. My ds did the same last year.... I turned his ripped up pairs into shorts and sent him in shorts as much as possible. I also look for corderoys (sorry sp)... I also check out thrift stores for pants on a reg. basis throughout the year. It hurts less to pay $3-4 a pair and I've gotten VERY good quality.
    Personally, the Old Navy pants I found to be over priced and not at all durable. (I got Ja 2 pairs last winter and NEITHER lasted more than a couple of weeks -- NOT HAPPY)
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 6:36 PM on May. 8, 2011