Do you and your mom disagree about your kids?

My mom like things her way!I just nod my head and smile when she's getting onto me about what she thinks I'm doing wrong.

sarah389

Asked by sarah389 at 3:34 PM on May. 2, 2011 in Relationships

• Nope, my mom understands that they are my kids not her's and that if I need help or advice I will ask. My MIL, on the other hand, can't keep her mouth shut about how everyone is raising their kids the wrong way.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:04 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Constantly, she thinks she did a great job and thinks that she knows everything lol. I ignore her.
    amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 3:43 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Not really. She thinks maybe I am TOO Focused on My son and need a life outside of him, but as far as parenting goes, No, she hasn't commented on it negatively.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:47 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Yep, and that's why she doesn't have any contact with them. She abandoned me as a baby and was never a part of my life growing up, but raised my younger sister. That's another can of worms that will take too long.

My mother will not step foot into my house because 1) we're non-smoking and she smokes like a chimney, 2) if even one thing is not put away where it should be my house, to her, is a filthy mess (she HATES clutter), and 3) she's tried on several occasions to yell at my kids/discipline them in MY house right in front of me. SHE thought they were doing something wrong and decided it was HER place to do something about it.

She's one of those militaristic moms where everything has to be done RIGHT NOW with no negotiations or backtalk allowed. I could go on and on, but I think you probably get the point.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 3:57 PM on May. 2, 2011

• My mom is a push over and doesn't believe in discipline so all of her grandkids walk all over her. I tend to be a little more strict with my kids when it comes to my mom but only because I refuse to let my kids treat her like their cousins do. She thinks I am "mean" because I don't allow my kids to be disrespectful but in time has learned to respect our choices when it comes to parenting.
    Ashes0813

Answer by Ashes0813 at 4:22 PM on May. 2, 2011