What is the Catholic stance on...

Sola Gratia, or grace alone? This is a relatively new term to me and in researching I haven't found anything yet that is really clear and concise. Any Catholic ladies know anything about the Church's view on this? (I am also specifically hoping to get some info on how the Catholic view of sola gracia differs from the Protestant view of the same but this may very well be more clear after I get a better explanation and understanding of the Catholic POV)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:34 PM on May. 2, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Catholics hold that we cooperate with our Heavenly Father on this issue.
    It's one of the main stepping away points of Protestantism from the the Catholic church
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 4:21 PM on May. 2, 2011

• It goes back to faith without works is dead as is works without faith is dead. My favorite teaching of Christ that addresses this is the goats and sheep in Mt 26 31-46
    daps

Answer by daps at 4:29 PM on May. 2, 2011