Be honest...are you afraid of Pit Bulls?

If so, would you mind explaining why? Most of the reasons people are scared are because of myths!

ReneeK3

Asked by ReneeK3 at 1:15 PM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Pets

• Not at all! I'm not afraid of any dog... even mean ones. I believe that Pit Bulls are too powerful to be trained to be mean. JMO. I used to breed APBTs and I've never been bitten by one. I've been bitten by a Lab, a Yorkie, and a Shih Tzu.... but I won't base the whole breed on those individual dogs. Like people.... every person is different no matter the race... every dog is different no matter the breed.
    NewArrival

Answer by NewArrival at 1:41 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• im not scared of a pit bull but i dont let my kids around them just in case one decides to bit them
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 1:16 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Nope!
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 1:16 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Yep, terrified, it's going to sound stupid but one chased me when I was a small child and ever since then I've been terrified of all types of dog, and I know that you cannot judge on appearances but their looks don't exactly endear them to me. *pathetic* haha.
    haleykarson

Answer by haleykarson at 1:17 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• no i am afraid of stupid people
    babyspots17

Answer by babyspots17 at 1:17 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• no i have always had big dogs. rots,boxers,dobes. dogs don't scare me the owners are what has to be watched and the way the dogs are raised
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 1:17 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• No, I have 6 of them
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 1:19 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• No. I'm scared of the people who abuse the breed.
    heatmac4

Answer by heatmac4 at 1:21 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• No, Should I be?
    Pit bulls are not bad dogs. It is the owner/trainer that is bad.
    Pit bulls are nice dogs
    Just like any other dog

Answer by louise2 at 1:22 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Yes im afraid of them. But im afraid of almost every dog. Have seen too much happened when a dog attacks a child ect. Its all over the news, all the time. So i stay aways from them. You can not trust a dog. Much less a dog with an owner who doesnt have any kind of feeling for responsibility.

Not saying every dog is dangerous. But I dont trust them, at all. Its just my personal opinion.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 1:25 PM on Dec. 4, 2008