Tornados

How many people watch the world news?

How many people have heard about the EF5 tornado hitting phi campbell and hackleburg, alabama?

Just curious if they show how devastating this actually was! The two little towns were completely wiped out! Not much left of them ):

People really need to take tornadoes seriously! If u hear of bad weather coming your way, make a plan to go somewhere safe and take things for your children especially that they may need. A tornado shelter is the safest place to be. A bathroom is safer than nothing vut if u have a basement or a shelter somewhere near pease go to it!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:02 PM on May. 2, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I can not stop watching coverage on the tornadoes.
    Anonymous

• I haven't seen footage of the tornadoes, but after the first round I heard initial numbers alone of over 178 dead in Alabama. :-(

You are right; tornadoes are serious.
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 4:03 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Its absolutely horrible. Tv shows how bad but actually being here seeing it is devastating! Do they show phil campbell or just the big cities like tuscaloosa?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:05 PM on May. 2, 2011

• There is actually over 200 dead now and still some missing ):
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:06 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I have seen coverage from several places. I have been trying to gather things to donate. There is a lot of coverage.
    Anonymous

• Um..I live in tornado alley. I don't take a tornado warning lightly. I was in a mobile home when it came through, I left my house and drove away from the storm. It yanked the skirting off my trailer and my house was vibrating.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:11 PM on May. 2, 2011

• TY I would never have figured that out on my own.
    Anonymous

• Thanks for caring and trying to warn folks, OP...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 4:46 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I lived near Grand Island in 1980 when the 7 tornadoes struck in one night, one of which was an F4. I do know how devastating it is. Sadly, some areas of the country probably don't know as much about tornadoes as those of us in tornado alley. I read an article last week where they talked about the fact that some towns wanted to evacuate, but there was no time. Of course there was no time! You do not evacuate for a tornado like you would a hurricane or tsunami. Unfortunately, being unfamiliar with what to do during such storms probably added to the death toll.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 6:08 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I've seen the coverage and it is hard to grasp the absolute wreckage of lives and property.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:49 PM on May. 2, 2011