Counsoling?

Along with Antidepressants did counsoling seem to do you any good?

amberpatterson

Asked by amberpatterson at 4:06 PM on May. 2, 2011 in Health

• I did counseling along with taking anti-depressants and I thought it was great. I was very comfortable with my counselor and she was great. I went once a week - same day and time each week. It was a good way for me to vent about the past week and get things off my chest without judgement. No one was telling me I was wrong for feeling how I felt or anything like that. If I was having a problem and was trying to work through it, whether it was an issue just emotionally or I was having problems with someone (at that point it was with my dh - I was extremely sick and he thought I was exaggerating and said it was all in my head. 10 months and many many tests later I was diagnosed with a extremely rare infection) My counselor helped me work through it.
    Honestly my counselor did so much for me.
    Jessica45

Answer by Jessica45 at 4:14 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Depends on how well you mesh with your therapist. I hated one I went to because her theory was the opposite of mine. But ones that have the same psychological belief system as I do works well for me.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 4:08 PM on May. 2, 2011

• You have to find a counselor you, like and can be honest with. therapy won't work if you aren't comfortable with the counselor. You get what you put in.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 4:13 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Yes, but be careful of the antidepressants.......do your homework and pay attention to what your body tells you........good luck!!
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 4:14 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Counseling wasn't all the helpful for me. I did glean a few pieces of information from the sessions that ultimately helped ME deal with my life.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 5:29 PM on May. 2, 2011