What do you do for your kids' hay fever?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:08 PM on May. 2, 2011 in Kids' Health

• My kids are on zyrtek
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 4:09 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Zyrtec is an allergy medication, not a fever reducer, 2BlondeBabies.

When my son has a fever I try to make him as comfortable as possible and make sure he gets plenty of liquids. I let the fever run it's course. I used to medicate, but now that he's outgrown his febrile seizures, I see no reason to.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 8:31 PM on May. 2, 2011

• hay fever? We get local, uncultured honey, and give 2 tbs per day for about 6 weeks. Local honey will contain most of the allergens in your area, slowly ingesting it over a course of time is supposed to build a resistance to the allergen. I don't think there is any proof that it works, but I did notice a huge difference in my kids, and myself. Plus I know many many people who swear by it. I figure after trying zyrtek and it making my son miserable, 6 weeks of honey wouldn't hurt anything. I'm glad I tried it, it seemed to work. Now, because we moved this passed winter we have to do it all over again, but my son has a peanut butter and honey sandwich every morning for breakfast, so really we should be good.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 11:49 PM on May. 2, 2011

• honey, OTC meds, and eliminating dairy. It doesn;t make my son symptom free but he's LESS miserable that way
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 3:20 PM on May. 3, 2011

• they don't have it
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 10:01 AM on May. 4, 2011

• Claritin
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 10:56 AM on May. 5, 2011

• claritin
    Madelaine

Answer by Madelaine at 2:39 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Oh boy. They are on Zyrtec, Flonase, and Singulair. They take it all year. The allergist said it's best for it to be built up in their systems so it doesn't hurt so much when the allergies hit.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 3:35 PM on May. 7, 2011

• my son has 2 inhalers that he uses--one is Flonase and the other is Singulair. He also takes Claritin; he takes all of these all year round.
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 10:38 AM on May. 9, 2011

• thankfully my chilfren don't have it
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 3:15 PM on May. 9, 2011