I was elbowed in the chest.....how painful it is.

I had chest surgery back in Sept of 2007 and they had to put wires to hold my chest together..on Friday I got elbowed in the chest. It is still really hurting today. I dont want to go to the doctor because I know that bruised or even broken sternum they cant do anything for it...but has anyone had a bruised or broken sternum before....what did you do for relief?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:14 PM on May. 2, 2011 in Health

• I have a painful sternum too and for some reason it cracks really loud. I had pneumonia 6 years ago and was hospitalized for it. It took a year to get back to normal. I noticed that when I have magnesium with calcium in high doses I don't get all that cracking and crunching on my sternum. I hope your achiness goes away soon,try getting yourself on some calcium+magnesium.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 4:18 PM on May. 2, 2011