Which Diaper is the best????

So my boyfriend is the only working in our house. I'm a stay at home mom and have been ever since my son was born. He is now 10mths old and we also have a 3yr old daughter. So we're always buying generic stuff b/c its cheaper and my b/f believes that ANYTHING generic is just as good a brand as the "brand name" things...but I told him that i'd really appreciate it if we got our son more pricey diapers like Pampers or Huggies b/c i'm pretty positive they have side guards to help stop leakage and our son has been crapping right through all of his diapers when he poops (i know he's been teething lately and just got over an earache but even before that he still would) and its not like i leave him in a soiled diaper for long and thats why it runs thru, i changed him right after pooping and it was all the way up his back just from one poop! Does it make a difference wat diapers you use b/c i can't convince my boyfriend to buy expensive diapers even tho i've told him all of this :/ HELP!

HulleMama

Asked by HulleMama at 4:23 PM on May. 2, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Have you tried going up a size? That always solved the problem when my DD would go right threw the diaper.

I am a believer that generic (SOME) can be just as good as name brand. I use parents choice & they work great!
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 4:29 PM on May. 2, 2011

• honestly when my DS was a newbron I LOVED PAMPERS SWADLERS. Well when he grew out of the swadlers i tried other pampers n did NOT like them i def didnt like huggies they leaked.. i was using walmart brand for the longest time they were cheap and worked great well they had this bright idea to chenge the formula on the diapers n now they suck IDK if you have winn dixie near you but i have been buying the winn dixie brand for a couple months now n LOVE EM!!!!!!
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 4:30 PM on May. 2, 2011

• all four of my boys have always leaked through most generic diapers. One of my sons breaks out terribly if we use anything but Huggies with him. He cant use any Generic diapers or even Pampers or Luvs because his bottom breaks out so bad. I have found that Huggies are the best diapers for our boys. I still have 3 of them in diapers still (i have one with special needs) and it gets very expensive, but it cost less than generic diapers in the long run because we go through less of the Huggies brand than we do the Generic brand.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 4:31 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I actually like Luvs, and have had good luck with them. I'm kinda bummed that I used pampers for so long earlier on, cause I like the Luvs better. My VERY rarely leaks thru them. But in your defense, if you have to keep cleaning huge messes its probly worth it to buy more expensive brands. The number of wipes you use to clean a huge mess probably cancels the saviongs!
    Danyellimom

Answer by Danyellimom at 4:32 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I prefer huggies, or the new fisher price diapers that walmart has started selling. We can use parents choice but they still arent as good as the other two. I absolutly hated pampers and luvs (for my kids). oh and we liked target brand.
    jaceyrayesmom

Answer by jaceyrayesmom at 4:36 PM on May. 2, 2011

• thnx moms :) we use parents choice but they're really rough on his butt and the straps keep unsticking . tried Luvs, they didn't work. I used to like Pampers when my daughter was a baby but we had more money back then. i doubt my bf will agree to get huggies or pampers b/c he thinks theyre insanely priced but i will go up a size and see if that works first. then if that still doesn't work, i will put more emphasis on what Team21 mom said the more expensive ones may be cheaper in the end b/c i'll be using less diapers :) thnx for all of ur feedback guys. much appreciated
    HulleMama

Comment by HulleMama (original poster) at 4:44 PM on May. 2, 2011

• We tried almost everything when both of my kids were in diapers. Huggies were the WORST. I don't know how many outfits were ruined from blowouts that would go all the way up the back to their shoulder blades or higher. Generic wasn't much better. Pampers worked GREAT, but that was before this dri-weave stuff they're using now.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 4:45 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I switched to Targets generic, Luvs weren't good "night time" diapers. But try the Target's Up and Up, I find them very satisfying
    hollydaze1974

Answer by hollydaze1974 at 4:49 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Try some cloth. It will be expensive for the first buy, but, afterwards it is way cheaper.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:49 PM on May. 2, 2011

• o really? the huggies went up the back on ur kids? thats exactly wats happening in the Parents Choice ones we're using right now.....:/ i guess i'll have to test out both Huggies and Pampers one brand for each week and see which clothes come out the cleanest lol b/c these diapers are not giving me a break at all-but they are the cheapest or the "best deal" as my bf says...pfff
    HulleMama

Comment by HulleMama (original poster) at 4:49 PM on May. 2, 2011