Direct sales mommies

how do you get your name out there? i sell scentsy product and business is sloooooow. any advice/ideas?

metalhealthmom

Asked by metalhealthmom at 4:27 PM on May. 2, 2011 in Money & Work

• I participate in different events: fairs, customer appreciation days etc...Do you have lifestyles gym near you? They do a monthly appreciation and it won't cost you anything. You can message me for more details
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 4:31 PM on May. 2, 2011

• nope, no lifestyles gyms but there are similar things in the area that i could check out.

i've been at this for two months and only sold $49 worth...i sold another $8 today. really, i need to get some good parties booked!

ah well, i guess it just takes time.
    metalhealthmom

Comment by metalhealthmom (original poster) at 4:40 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Get the word out via FB - if you have a FB page, blog, etc.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 5:09 PM on May. 2, 2011

• i have a fb but not much seems to be happening. i DID do a raffle today and went around the other stores and asked the employees working if they wanted to purchase one. i sold a few and one guy mentioned that his mother bday was coming up and he seemed pretty interested. hope something comes of it!!
    metalhealthmom

Comment by metalhealthmom (original poster) at 5:21 PM on May. 2, 2011

• it takes time to build a business as well. keep at it!!
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 6:30 PM on May. 2, 2011

• thanks for the advice and words of encouragement ladies!
    metalhealthmom

Comment by metalhealthmom (original poster) at 6:31 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Have you gotten a t-shirt made at vistaprint saying something like "I sell Scentsy. Ask me for a free sample" And perhaps a pic of a scentsy product? Wear it everywhere and if someone asks for a sample..only give it if you get their name and number...then call a few days later and asked how they liked it and if they'd be interested in ordering or hosting. You can also get a lawn sign from there, post cards and more cheap or free if you join the site (they will send you tons of e-mails with their free promotions)!

You can canvass the neighborhood with the post cards or leave them on bulletin boards. Look into churches that may do craft shows or other fairs and shows and rent a table....last year at a church "flea market" down the street from me a scentsy rep did pretty well!

Look for reps for other companies and see if they'd like to take turns hosting mini vender parties, where you each do a mini presentation....
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 7:36 PM on May. 2, 2011

• thank you so much!! those are all great ideas. i gave out a lot of catalogues today and had a lot of people interested in the free raffle...so i mean, at least someone is getting product and hopefully they'll turn into a new loyal customer. i can't wait to try out some of those ideas!
    metalhealthmom

Comment by metalhealthmom (original poster) at 8:16 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I'm not into this, but I do notice that the Scentsy reps in my area have stickers on the back windows of their cars with the logo, their email, and phone number. I think its effective because if it weren't for the car, I wouldn't know anything about it.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 10:34 AM on May. 3, 2011