Pajamas ALL THE TIME

my daughter is 3, she is now potty trained and wears regular panties but now i can't seem to keep her dressed. She always used to wanna be naked and walk around in her pull up until we got her potty trained, but now she wears panties and no matter wat i put her in, she always runs back in her room and changes into her sleepers or pjs of some sort....is there something special i can tell her that will make her understand that jammies are for bedtime and regular clothes are for day time?? i've tried everyway i can but she just LOVES wearing pjs and then when ppl come over they think that i don't dress my kid b/c oh look! she's got jammies on again! I CAN'T KEEP HER IN REG. DAY TIME CLOTHES!

HulleMama

Asked by HulleMama at 4:28 PM on May. 2, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Put the pajamas somewhere she can't get to them. Put them under lock and key, if you have to. Or you could use this as an opportunity to teach her that you are the adult and she is the child, and that she has to do what you say, rather than what she chooses to do. That would be my first choice. Nobody can do whatever they please all the time, so the sooner you teach her that, the easier your life is going to be.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:31 PM on May. 2, 2011

• My great niece is like this and her mom lets her wear whatever she wants around the house. She has purchased some adorable pjs that could pass for regular clothes. Her rule is they can not be worn outside the house when they are going somewhere. Everyone stays happy this way!
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 4:33 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I discipline her as much as i can, which is a lot easier for her to listen to me when her dads not home. once her dad gets home he won't tell her to get dressed. he's more of her friend than a father and i can't tell him any different or he gets offended and thinks i'm calling him a bad dad and i explain that i just want him to discipline her more but he DOESN'T CHANGE so its all up to me. and if i'm cleaning or doing the dishes she will come up to me with her jammies on and i'll tell her to go get dressed right now and she runs from me so i put them on for her. since her father isn't on the same page as i am about "structure" and "discipline" all the time i think my only other option (besides leaving their father!) would be to do wat u said and put her pj's up high so she can't reach them. Its hard when ur partner isn't showing a "strong united front" w/ the kids....its double the work.....but u are right completely.
    HulleMama

Comment by HulleMama (original poster) at 4:37 PM on May. 2, 2011

• i wouldn't mind if she would wear sweatpants and a shirt, thats fine! but these are like Princess Sleepers and flower terry cloth jammies that are totally noticeable as pjs lol idk my daughter is like dennis the menace's long lost sister....she's crazy...idk where i went wrong....but i'm just gonn ahave to get more baby proofing drawer stoppers and locks and all that stuff....sigh thnx for ur input moms :)
    HulleMama

Comment by HulleMama (original poster) at 4:47 PM on May. 2, 2011

• My 10 refuses to wear anything except her pajamas. The rule is unless she is dressed she has to stay in her room during the day. I allow the occasional pajama day but she gets home from school and changes back into her pajamas and wants to go outside and play in them. I get sick of it (especially since she insists on wearing the same 2 pair of pajamas over and over).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 4:59 PM on May. 2, 2011

• have a pajama basket that is kept in the top of YOUR closet, and only giv her the option of daytime clothes until after bath!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 6:21 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I would start a rule. PJ's are okay in the house. But if you leave she has to wear clothes. She will grow out of it eventually and get bored.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 8:11 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I agree, keep them where she cant get to them!
    therealwendywms

Answer by therealwendywms at 11:01 AM on May. 3, 2011

• u can keep them where she cant get to them or u can try making a game out of it. when it is time to get dressed for the day tell her its a race b/w you two if she wins she gets a prize. give her a candy or sumthin. While your doing that explain to her shes just like mommy also explain if she pitches a fit for her pjs that "mommy isnt wearing hers and doesnt she wanna be grown like mommy"
    kamsmom220

Answer by kamsmom220 at 5:02 PM on May. 4, 2011