Do you believe ignorance is bliss?

The ignorant people with their heads in the sand seem quite chipper and happy, while the people that have an outlook on the world and question things seem a bit upset today. SO, is ignorance really bliss?

amazinggrace83

Asked by amazinggrace83 at 4:28 PM on May. 2, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• "Ignorance deprives men of freedom because they do not know what alternatives there are. It is impossible to choose to do what one has never 'heard of.'" Ralph Barton Perry
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:48 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I think there are informed people who simply dont get their panties in a wad over every thing and feel the absolute need to voice their two cents over EVERY occurrence.

btw.... the most vocal are NOT always the most informed.
    Anonymous

• There are educated people who process and handle bad information and stressful situations better than others. These folks do not necessarily have their heads in the sand. Not everybody has the ability to tamper down the fear and are able to put the added adrenaline to positive use. There are some who are successfully able to live the following: "to accept what I can not control." There are plenty who are unfaltering rocks in unpleasant situations and many others with nerves of steel-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 6:04 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Yes, because you don't realize how messed up your life truly is.
    booger14

Answer by booger14 at 4:29 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Hmm well I dont have my head in the sand and I had a pretty good day. I think the danger comes in when your whole day is ruined by something said on the news or on TV or even on a website like this. There is so much more to life then one topic dont you think? I know me and the other parents who pick up our kids didnt talk at all about Osama for instance today. Instead we talked abut our little league games tonight and what time everyones games were. I dont think it makes us ignorant, just well balanced.

Answer by gemgem at 4:30 PM on May. 2, 2011

• No, sometimes ignorance is a desperate need to try and ruin everyone else's day because the conversations are too complicated (there's a real good 170+ page of that in the closed questions right now)
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:30 PM on May. 2, 2011

• yes, for the most part.

Answer by older at 4:31 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I think so. I have to admit that I hate politics. I don't really follow it all that much, except on "my guy's site". LOL! Other than that... I am quite bliss to it all. I am in my 40's, so so far the plan has worked very well for me. In my 40 some years, I have yet to experience half the things that other people seem to worry about! LOL!!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:30 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Yes, I do and those folks wouldn't have it any other way...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 4:49 PM on May. 2, 2011

• It's a huge step for our country and the world as well, it's just too soon to tell whether it's a step forward or backwards, either way it needed to be done. Did we not celebrate the same as they did on 9-11 by dancing in the streets....ignorant? perhaps... Some people look at the glass as half full others a half empty, bad someones waiting to drink it but good someone else is willing to fill it back up. I think our country needs to keep a level head but also you can't live your life for the what if's if you want to live and not just exist.
    letlovegrow2524

Answer by letlovegrow2524 at 5:02 PM on May. 2, 2011