What do you think?

I'm 22 and I have a 3 1/2 year old son and I don't want to ever have anymore kids. I love my son to death and he is absolutely perfect, he's so handsome and cute and funny and sooo smart. I really can't see myself having anymore kids.

I got pregnant young because I used my birth control wrong and me and my ex are no longer together (totally fine with it) and I really didn't think I would have kids.

I just feel like my mind is made up but my mom said I might change my mind later but I don't know. I want to have surgery so I can never have children.

With all the suffering in the world and all of the children who need families I think it would be better to adopt later in life.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:29 PM on May. 2, 2011 in Relationships

• Think about your future husband, I'm pretty sure he would want a kid of his own. Most likely you will want him to have one too. So don't rush in you just never know whats ahead.
    booger14

Answer by booger14 at 4:31 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Just use proper birth control, don't do anything permanent.  You could be needlessly punishing your future self plus you never know what life has in store for you.  So much can change in 5 or 10 years you may not be the same person so don't close windows on yourself when it's so unnecessary.

Ashes0813

Answer by Ashes0813 at 4:42 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I'm 21 ,and i am in the same boat as you. I really dont want anymore kids. But i get nervous that i am gonna want one later in life when i am older, and if i get surgery that i will regret it in the long run. So i am using birth control for now.
    ladyb155

Answer by ladyb155 at 4:48 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I was much older and had 2 children before I was positively certain I didn't want anymore. I wouldn't make such an irreversible decision so young.

meooma

Answer by meooma at 4:57 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Get an IUD, best birth control ever, good for 5 years.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 4:57 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I was POSITIVE that I was NEVER having kids. Never wanted them. I got pregnant at 32...I could not imagine my life w/out M. I was cool w/just one kid. Flashforward a couple years....I have 2 daughters that I could not imagine not having in my life.

Moral - just because you think what you know now....life changes, people change...you change. Do the IUD. You'd be amazed how much you will change in a few years. Especially in your 30s from your 20s!
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 5:29 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I have been married for 10yrs and got 3 wonderful son's, they are 8,7, 4 and i got my tubes tied after my last and i regret it....wait for a fe yrs and then if you still feel the same way then do it.
    ashes27165

Answer by ashes27165 at 10:27 PM on May. 2, 2011

• im 22 and i have a daughter that will be four in september and a son that will be 2 in may. after i had my daughter the thought of another kid never crossed my mind.... well 11 months later i find out im prego with my baby boy. I always said if i had kids i would want 2, a boy and a girl and about 2 yrs apart. well guess what... i got everything i want with the same man. 3 months after my son was born i got my tubes tied. everyone said the same thing that there saying here. to wait and see and what about a future man. (me and hubby arent doing well) well i dont regret it one bit. if its ment to be with someone else and they dont have kids already then he will be ok with what i have or to adopt. i truly believe that. i Do not want anymore kids and im not the mom that will have 6 kids and i know this. I really know my self and what i want so it was a good decision for me but if your even alittle unsure i wouldnt. message me w/?
    adriana1024

Answer by adriana1024 at 12:29 AM on May. 3, 2011