Those that watch twilight

do you see anything wrong with letting a 5-6 year old watch it? My dd just turned 6 last week and she has seen twilight, new moon and eclipse. I don't know yet about breaking dawn because she has a baby in that one it depends on how much they actually show, but the other 3 she has seen. She loves the twilight movies, anyway a couple days ago she learned how to spell twilight. Well I guess she was telling one of the teachers at lunch she new how to spell twilight and spelled it for them then the teacher asked her you watch twilight? My dd said ya and then the teacher asked the other teacher isn't she to young to watch that? I honestly didn't see anything wrong with it. Do you let your little one watch it? Do you think a 5-6 year old is to young to watch it?

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 4:30 PM on May. 2, 2011 in Entertainment

• Breaking Dawn will definitely have a lot more sexual material than the others. I'd suggest seeing it first without your daughter, then decide.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 4:47 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I don't see anything wrong with it my 4 year old watches it.
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 4:33 PM on May. 2, 2011

• hmm i dnnt know that i would have my child watch it just because of the violence but if shes not having nightmares and doesn't get scared i dont see anything wrong with it

kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 4:33 PM on May. 2, 2011

• i don't think there's anything wrong with it. my daughter likes harry potter and she's 3 and a half.
    TiffanieK

Answer by TiffanieK at 4:35 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I don't think there is anything wrong with it. It doesn't show much in the sexual/violence, not more so than some cartoons that I have caught on the tv.
    I <3 the twilight series and I will tell my kids the same thing my dad told me when I was younger "You can read or watch anything, just remember that it is made up."
    mamawhit

Answer by mamawhit at 4:37 PM on May. 2, 2011

• My 6 yr old isnt into them. My now 11 yr old has been watching them since Twilight came out. He will watch it with us in Nov as well. It is PG 13, not R so I doubt itll be all that bad.

Answer by gemgem at 4:41 PM on May. 2, 2011

• ya my dd loves harry potter too lol I always said I wasn't going to let her watch harry potter because I don't like it but my dh watches it and so now she likes it lol
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 4:43 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I dont see it all that bad, it's not like they show much. I've read there will be more sexual tension in the last movies but it's not gonna show too much.
    ladyb155

Answer by ladyb155 at 4:57 PM on May. 2, 2011

• i think everyone does what is best for them. I would not take a 5 or 6 year old to the movie theater to watch these movies although at home if you want to let her watch it that is your choice. I do think that some parts are a little violent although if you are at home and you can talk to her while you are watching it then you can do whatever you want. Keep in mind that it has a PG - 13 rating on it so for your DD to tell the teacher she has seen it, the teacher might think she is to young for her.

MY DD has seen them and she 9..she actually loves the movies and watches them all the time. Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 4:58 PM on May. 2, 2011

• We ran into my sons teacher at the opening of Eclipse. She high fives him and said "Alright buddy!". I think you will find most teachers can care less.
    Anonymous