Bipolar

Are you or have you ever been treated for bi=polar disporder? Did you take antidepressant and mood stabilizer? What did you take?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:32 PM on May. 2, 2011 in Health

• I have, and I took several different medications, none of which helped me at all. I am now completely free, though, thanks to a wonderful encourager who helped me get to the root of my problem. I shall be forever thankful for him and for the One who led me to him.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:34 PM on May. 2, 2011

• At the moment I'm on Lithium and Trileptal (neither if you are wanting to get pregnant again, but I'm 'done') And although I am thrilled the last poster feels free due to God's intervention only, I believe God also created Doctors... very smart doctors who can help us through difficult times. Antidepressant usually don't work on Bipolars because it's not meant to work on the same part of the brain. Mood stabalizer and (believe it or not) Anti convulsants like trileptal or lamictal can help.
    hollydaze1974

Answer by hollydaze1974 at 4:53 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I am on Seraquil and Lithium. They saved my life and allow me to be a great Mommy. A note on taking meds, I look at it like this...If I were diabetic, I'd take insolin (spelling?) and if I had heart problems I would take medicine for that. There is no need for shame on this subject.
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 5:37 PM on May. 2, 2011