Dinner Ideas? I'm in a food rut. Same old meals month after month. What do you guys eat regularly???

Help!

jeanclaudia

Asked by jeanclaudia at 4:34 PM on May. 2, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Asian Turkey Lettuce Wraps
    Ground chicken tacos (I always add a can of beans and Ro*tel to the taco seasoning)
    Nachos (I freeze leftover taco fillings)
    Chili w/tortilla chips and cheese
    spaghetti w/salad or bread
    steak w/twice baked potatoes
    baked chicken w/mashed potatoes
    chicken and rice (homemade cream of chicken soup)
    hot dogs and homemade mac and cheese
    meatloaf
    grilled chicken salad
    chicken cordon bleu
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 4:51 PM on May. 2, 2011

• we have a whole roasted chicken every week. Lately it's been a lot of grill stuff like steaks and burgers. Tonight it's pan fried chicken wings.
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 4:40 PM on May. 2, 2011

• we do tacos once a month at least..... we mix Spanish rice and corn right in with the meat, so they're super filling and flavorful. We eat on them for a few days, mixing it up by using different cheeses, hard shells one night, soft the next, and maybe lunch on day 3 as a taco salad using up everything that is left.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 4:40 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I like to do at least one all veggie and one grill meal. Been on a pork taco kick lately, too. mmmmm
    Amomand4kids

Answer by Amomand4kids at 4:41 PM on May. 2, 2011

• spaghetti, hamburgers, hamburger helper, tacos BLAH lol every once in a while steak when its on sale MMMM or pork chops

kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 4:42 PM on May. 2, 2011

• We eat a lot of chicken in our house and I love that it's incredibly versatile. Tonight we are having chicken alfredo :o)

banana-bear

Answer by banana-bear at 4:44 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Chicken Stir fry and white rice, Hamburgers, Cut up chicken and rice, enchiladas, burritos, breakfast for dinner, chicken curry with rice, turkey about once a month and then the left overs are sandwiches, beef strogonoff, steak and potatoes, to name a few.

Answer by gemgem at 4:46 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Our most common meals are: grilled pork chops, grilled chicken, kielbasa and rice, quesadillas and beans, pasta and pizza.

I have found the best way for me to make a meal less "rut"-y with ease is to switch up my sides.

Serve salad with a new topping and dressing - maybe cranberries, feta and basalmic vinegrette instead of Caeser with croutons.

Make gnocci with brown butter (or even just buttered egg noodles) instead of mac and cheese.

Make asparagus instead of green beans. Or carrots. Or baby corn.

Serve fresh bread instead of mashed potatoes; or keep the potatoes, but roast them with seasonings.

Serve fruit with the meal - applesauce, c antelope slices, pineapple chunks. Kids think they're getting away with something ;-)

That's just what works for us. Little changes mean the meal is more likely to be accepted and easier to change. Check out your sides and look for a mini-makeover!
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 4:48 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Mock Mushrooms (no mushrooms involved): toasted english muffins topped with a mayo, olive, onion (optional), cheese mixture and broiled until the cheese is bubbly and melted. I thought it was the grosets thing when I first heard about it from my husband, but it's GOOD!

Hot dog stuff: rice, hot dogs and cheese; sliced and shredded, baked in the oven. I don't have the room for the full recipes but am more than willing to share if you're interested.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 4:50 PM on May. 2, 2011

• season bonless porkchops, brown, add 1 cup of beef broth, add sliced onions, simmer porkchops for an hour, so tasty and MOIST!!!!
    have a baked potato and broccoli or whatever sides you like!
    lnanln2006

Answer by lnanln2006 at 5:13 PM on May. 2, 2011