Whats the difference between a xtian and anyone else?

who is glad osama is dead? for real just because xtains are happy about it doesnt make them any less of a xtaian or a human for that matter. personally im not happy hes dead his death is ammo for more terrorism. he was human just like all of us yes he may have been sick and evil but do we not all have an animal side  to us what is cheering for a death no matter how awful the person was? I think any reason to make xtains look like hypocrites (some) people on here love to jump on the band wagon.

whitenena

Asked by whitenena at 4:53 PM on May. 2, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• NOT that I don't understand the complexity of the situation and the emotions involved. I understand the relief in his death, the closure people are now afforded for pain they've carried for almost a decade. I get it, I really do. And I understand that not even ONE of us is perfect and lives up to the potential that humanity can be. So I'm not trying to start an "I'm better than you" kind of thing. I really do understand the complexity, the emotions, and all of that. I just am REALLY having a hard time with the idea of celebrating and rejoicing over death, even the death of someone like OBL....
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 5:27 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I'm actually confused by what you are trying to accomplish in your post.. first you say you aren't happy he's dead because basically of fear of retaliation (understandable, but regardless I'm glad he's dead). Yet you are supporting those that are happy he's dead? And this has to do with religion how?
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 5:05 PM on May. 2, 2011

• No idea what a Xtian is.
    Anonymous

• when it comes to opinions, there is no difference. and unless there's been a major shift on CM since i left to pick up my ds from school, there's been cheers and leers from every corner, concerning BL's death.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 5:06 PM on May. 2, 2011

• " I think any reason to make xtains look like hypocrites (some) people on here love to jump on the band wagon."

Well to be honest- I have seen Christians post scripture today that support both celebration and not celebrating this death.
    All that does in my eyes is prove again that 1) Christians cannot agree on what is in the Bible or what their God wants
    and 2) they will pick something out that supports whichever side they are on...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 5:10 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I do find it kind of hypocritical of fellow Christians to be rejoicing about his death. The Bible calls us to "turning the other cheek" and "loving our enemies". I understand that these are ideals and that none of us are perfect, but there is a part of me that has a hard time with the idea of reveling or rejoicing over anyone's death, even someone like OBL. It just feels, to me, that in order to do so, we lose sight of our own humanity, even if only for a while. I don't believe in these concepts of love and compassion and so forth are important or "necessary" because they're "in the Bible" or because "God said so", though I certainly do believe that He wants those things of us - I believe they matter because they make up what it means to be humane, and a perfect realized humanity is one which calls us to push towards a selflessness that recognizes the humanity in others as well. Celebrating someone's death, IMO, fails in that.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 5:25 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I'm not happy.  I would have preferred to see him caught and brought to trial to answer for his crimes.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:33 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I am relieved he is no longer a threat and grateful he has been brought to justice but I am not "happy" or "giddy". Rather I have chosen to take the news of his death as an opportunity to remember those lives lost in order for that justice to be served and am humbled and sombered by their sacrifice.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 7:06 PM on May. 2, 2011

• christians
    whitenena

Comment by whitenena (original poster) at 4:54 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Im saying you can have peace hes dead but to make a party out of it is wrong. I am not supporting either side my point for this post is why are christians getting bashed for being happy hes dead when non xtians are happy to. I feel like any time someone ( certain people) can think of a way to try and make chritians look stupid on here they love to do it and this is one thing ive been reading on here about osama.
    whitenena

Comment by whitenena (original poster) at 5:11 PM on May. 2, 2011