Embarrassing!!!!!!

I came from a horrible family, when i was 15 i meet and fell inlove with my now husband. Meeting him came with learning ALOT.. such as my most embarrassing thing.. My parents never taught me how what a toothbrush was, no one ever said anything to me until my husband.. he took me to the dentistand explained my sitution....well after several painful visit and thousands of dollars, i still have yellow teeth and horrible bad breath, the dentist has done all he can.....
besides crst white strips and the other cheap ones, what can help me look like i didnt live n a crap hole as a child?????????????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:30 PM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• Get your teeth bleached! There are now places set up at the malls (for your convenience) LOL! I'm not sure of the cost involved though.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 1:32 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• GET WHITE STRIPS PRESCRIBED FROM YOUR DENTIST. THEY ARE WAY STRONGER THAN THE OTC ONES, MY MOM IS IN THE DENTAL FIELD AND THEY WORK WONDERS!!!!
    I HAVE HEARD BAKING SODA WORKS...... I HAVENT TRIED IT.
    THEY HAVE WHITENING GELS BUT I PREFER THE STRIPS.
    AFTER YOU WHITEN DO NOT DRINK COFFEE OR SODA, OR TEA, THEY STAIN.
    IM SORRY BUT I AM GLAD HE IS HELPING YOU!
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 2:05 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Baking soda is dirt cheap and it works...mix some with just a tiny bit of water (just enough to make a thick paste) and brush with it. It tastes NASTY but it works...give it a good go. Also, rinse with peroxide (careful not to swallow it) and it helps too. Lol...and after that brush your teeth for real because both taste horrible and you're gonna want that funk out of your mouth!! lol
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 6:11 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• This is a highly rated product, that woks great I have some friends that use it and say they swear by it.

Beautifully Bright Advanced Teeth Whitening System

Get a bright smile at home or on the go: Mouth Rinse, 8 fl. oz. Whitener, .34 fl. oz.

Step 1: Mouth Rinse preps teeth and accelerates effect of Super Whitener.
    Step 2: Super Whitener removes tooth stains.

Let me know if you have questions or would like to order some
    www.youravon.com/tboville
    Terryn2069

Answer by Terryn2069 at 7:49 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Yep I agree with kabbot,it definitly taste nasty but it works and use the hydrogen peroxide too.It can take a few weeks to work.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 9:01 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Not everyone is a good candidate for bleaching. You say you didn't know what a toothbrush was until you were 15. It sounds as if you may have had decay in your front teeth. If that's the case the dentist probably filled them with tooth colored fillings. Fillings will not lighten with bleach.

As for the kiosk whitening places  -  I have been watching them get shut down one state at a time for practicing denistry without a license.  in the past few months 7 states have shut them down. You have no idea the damage that can be done.

I've been a dental hygienist for more than 20 years and I have seen what bleaching can do if not done properly. It has made me want to cry for some of my patients.

PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 9:37 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Sounds like you have a wonderful husband!!! Try the baking soda!! and always have breath mints on hand!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 9:35 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Avon has a new product out that is a 2 step process. Mouth rinse and whitener. 6 shades whiter in just 3 days. I was one of those children back in the dark ages that took meds that discolored my teeth and my teeth were yellowish/green growing up. I know first hand how mean people can be about not having a bright smile. If you would like to try this go to my web site
    www.youravon.com/ketheridge you can have free delivery right now . We also have many other great products that keep you feeling and looking your best. Best of luck to you
    avonmon

Answer by avonmon at 2:25 PM on Dec. 7, 2008