How much did you exercise during pregnancy?

Wondering if you changed/altered your exercise programs after finding out you were expecting?

I personally walk 1-3 miles a day and do a 20 minute yoga routine every morning :)
I feel way better than I did the 1st time I was pregnant (gained 60 lbs!!!)

mamawhit

Asked by mamawhit at 5:18 PM on May. 2, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I ran up until my 7th month with both pregnancies....well maybe it was more like a wog (a cross between a jog and a walk)
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 5:20 PM on May. 2, 2011

• During my first trimester I couldn't do anything. I had previously been doing Yoga every morning, but my yoga routine was replaced by a routine of heaving into a toilet. I eventually found prenatal yoga, but I ended up having wrist pain afterwards (expected, my wrists aren't all that great). Now my DH and I go for walks, and are looking into a gym membership so I can go swimming (its Texas, and even though there's a lake, I'd much prefer a pool out of the sun's harmful rays because I can't seem to even touch my back, let alone get sunscreen on it!).
    M.Galvan

Answer by M.Galvan at 7:24 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I used to work out 6 days week pre-pregnancy. Now that I'm in my third trimester, it has sadly whittled itself down to a paltry 2 days a week. I just can't seem to find the energy to go more than that at this point. I'm still working 45 hours a week and after a long work day, it's hard to motivate myself to get to gym. :-(
    I'd go for more walks, but I live in MN and even though it's May, we had snow flurries last night. The weather just hasn't been cooperating yet. I do intend on getting right back on the saddle after baby is born, though!
    Molly4630

Answer by Molly4630 at 2:11 PM on May. 3, 2011