do you have your kids?

do you have your kids buy your exes girlfriend or wife a christmas present?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:31 PM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Relationships

• Not in that situation, but I would I think: wife definitely, long-term SO maybe, casual girlfriend no.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 1:32 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• If the ex is their father then yes I would. Esp if it is his wife, making it your kids step-mom. Its hard enough being a step-mom, the gift would be greatly appreciated im sure.
    Anonymous

• No, if your ex wants to, then he can, but I wouldn't. My son's bio-mother never buys me gifts, but then she hates me so.....
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 1:36 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• no i don't buy gifts for their father and he doesn't for me for the kids. i think his new wife would think i'm up to something. i heard of people doing this but it never sits well with me. if the kids got allowances then they did would be one thing but me buy then say it's from the kids no. certainly wouldn't give the new wife a gift either. she got her present from the regifted present of my ex. although i bet she wished i'd given her something better. actually i would of liked to given my husband a better new wife but he had his reason that i'm sure he regrets now.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 1:48 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• If you're all on good terms, I'd have them get her something not so personal.. like those little inexpensive pre-made gift baskets.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 2:06 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• if me and my so ever split up and he started dating i would never buy his new gf/wife a gift. its not my job. odds are it wouldn't last anyways.
    Anonymous

• I think that's the ex's job personally. He would know her better.
    Artillwife01

Answer by Artillwife01 at 4:34 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• It really depends on your relationship with the ex and his current SO, and also depends on where they live. If you're sending a "gift box" to an ex and his family who live out of state, I would say that to omit the current SO (especially if the ex has a new family with her) is a little petty. Just be sure the kids are doing the buying or at least with you when you do it. Then the gift is from THEM and it should be easier to swallow if it's a touchy subject with you.
    jburg2541

Answer by jburg2541 at 9:51 PM on Dec. 5, 2008