Did you dye your hair during pregnancy?

I find it's about 1/2 and 1/2 on "what the dr. says is safe to do during pregnancy"

One's dr. says YES it's ok, while another's says NO.

Just wondering what all you expecting moms out there have heard and actually do :)

mamawhit

Asked by mamawhit at 5:23 PM on May. 2, 2011 in Pregnancy

• My dad is a hair dresser and he has always told me that the chemicals you inhale while having your hair colored or permed is harmful to the baby.
    hansonfan1985

Answer by hansonfan1985 at 5:25 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I did. I was told by my dr it was ok.
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 5:25 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I did with both my kids-
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 5:26 PM on May. 2, 2011

• and btw my son is super smart and healthy
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 5:26 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I heard not to do it during the 1st trimester, so I waited till my 2nd.

Plenty of hair stylists have perfectly normal pregnancies, and they are around the chemicals all day long.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 5:28 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I didn't with my first, I have once so far with my second, and will probably continue. But I use chemical free, 100% natural, plant based henna to dye my hair, so I see no harm in it.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 5:29 PM on May. 2, 2011

• yes i did
    vgaines

Answer by vgaines at 5:44 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I did with my first. He is very smart and was fine. Ive had two miscarriages, so just to be safe im waiting until the second trimester this time. JUNE 24th Cant come fast enough. Im getting alot of grey LOL
    jmgblair10

Answer by jmgblair10 at 5:47 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I did and heard it was okay. I did wait until my first trimester was thru before I did and I checked a little chunk of my hair first since pregnancy can change how the color turns out.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 6:47 PM on May. 2, 2011

• IMO better safe than sorry. Having kids involves a lot of sacrifice. 39 weeks of mousy brown hair was not a hard choice for me. Ditto on the soda
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 7:17 PM on May. 2, 2011