Is trying for another baby when my YDD turns one too soon?

My youngest and oldest are a year and 9 months apart almost to the day, oldest November 25th, and youngest and August 24. I would like all my kids close to each other, but I'm not sure what kinda toll it takes on your body to have them close.

letlovegrow2524

Asked by letlovegrow2524 at 5:28 PM on May. 2, 2011 in General Parenting

• If you feel ready to have another one, than you're ready. My YDD is about to be a year old too and I'm already thinking about having another one, but it would be our last.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 5:29 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Take care of yourself and your body. It takes quite a toll. The volume of blood you need to have a healthy pregnancy and delivery. I think I read to wait at least a year to try again so I think you should be fine. Talk to your doctor to be positive. And just take care of yourself. Eat healthy, lots of greens, take your prenatals prior to conceiving.
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 5:31 PM on May. 2, 2011

• HA! ADD - I never finished my sentence about the volume of blood. Anyway, your body produces a lot more blood when you are pregnant to support the blood flow to the baby - it needs to be the ''healthiest'' blood possible. I am not a doctor so I could be totally wrong but...ask your doctor and Google it. =)

Good luck!
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 5:33 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Mine are 17months, 19 months and 3 years a part, I wouldn't have it any other way.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 5:48 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Do what you want, I have an 8 yo and a 5,4,1, and 5 month old, I have had no health issues from having them so close together.... If that is what will be best for you, then by all means go for it mama ( and daddy...lol)
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 6:19 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I had 3 in just over 2 years (June 2000, Oct 2001 and Nov 2002) and didn't have any issues with any of the pregnancies or recoveries (they were all c-sections). In fact I felt great throughout the 3rd one. I had more energy than any of my other pregnancies.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 6:52 PM on May. 2, 2011

• your body is a baby making machiene, go at it mama!!
    amberpatterson

Answer by amberpatterson at 9:55 PM on May. 2, 2011